Wheel Cap size 70mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hollis

Car
Mercedes CLK220
Enthusiasts! New member here. I would like to carry out a simple task of replacing my centre caps before I get the rims refurbed. My net search was plenty with 75mm diam replacements however mine are measuring 70mm. Maybe these are an aftermarket wheel? I do not want stickers. Can anyone point me in the right direction or shed some light on this? I’m not sure where the previous owner sourced these from?
Please help...

Attachments

• 4641C4F4-35B6-4B2F-BABB-DA031B1E4B18.jpeg
    4641C4F4-35B6-4B2F-BABB-DA031B1E4B18.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • CDF771E9-FB8A-4973-B866-61780FAD3731.jpeg
    CDF771E9-FB8A-4973-B866-61780FAD3731.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Hi you can get that size on ebay

All you'll get are 70mm blanks with stickers.

That's where I got mine guess they don't do them now

Use a suction cup to remove one of the caps, then check the MB part number on the back, and Google that. If there's no MB part number... then the caps are non genuine.

Same applies to the wheels... take one off and check for an MB part number on the inside.

If the wheels have plastic spigot rings there not mb wheels.

Use a suction cup to remove one of the caps, then check the MB part number on the back, and Google that. If there's no MB part number... then the caps are non genuine.

Same applies to the wheels... take one off and check for an MB part number on the inside.
Thank you buddy, I’ll do just that!

I’ll need to check. I know that the actual centre cap is metal and not PVC/plastic...

The genuine ones are plastic... not metal.

One of my centre caps literally fell off yesterday and it looks horrendous, I’ve ordered some cheapos £10 off eBay and all I could find was 70mm bud so don’t know if I’ve maybe searched something specific to get that or just a fluke but sure I just searched Mercedes centre caps

I’ll need to check. I know that the actual centre cap is metal and not PVC/plastic...
Spigot rings sits in the back of the rim and aligns to the hub when fitted. Most aftermarket wheels are made with centre bore of say 70 mm then a reducer ring ( spigot ring ) is placed in the hole to make them fit any wheel size from 70mm down to 60mm for instance. I'm not talking about the wheel centres .

One of my centre caps literally fell off yesterday and it looks horrendous, I’ve ordered some cheapos £10 off eBay and all I could find was 70mm bud so don’t know if I’ve maybe searched something specific to get that or just a fluke but sure I just searched Mercedes centre caps
Link please.

Link please.

my bad bud you are correct I’ve just looked and mine state 75mm 🙈 could’ve swore I seen 70mm but will let you know if they fit maybe they are measuring outer diameter of cap and centre hole is 70mm

here’s what I’ve ordered they’re the same is my ones on my w211 E-class

This is a genuine (well worn) Mercedes centre cap. Hopefully these pics will help clear up any confusion.

PS I got my replacements from eBay with no issues.

Attachments

• 227A91F8-EF30-4A46-BE7A-7E388DD06823.jpeg
    227A91F8-EF30-4A46-BE7A-7E388DD06823.jpeg
    886.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1DC5D076-1D0B-49FA-8D69-4B78AAAEC372.jpeg
    1DC5D076-1D0B-49FA-8D69-4B78AAAEC372.jpeg
    762.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This is a genuine (well worn) Mercedes centre cap. Hopefully these pics will help clear up any confusion.

PS I got my replacements from eBay with no issues.
Thank you for this, I’ll need to look into this as my outter exterior diameter measured 70mm. I’ll need to take them off. How is best to remove these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom