Wheel carriers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

Can anyone recommend a wheel carrier? I want to have them collect 4 18 alloys with tyres. Any ideas on a rough price also?

Scott

Doh. Silly me!

Collection from Manchester to dunfermline fife. KY12.

Scott

I've recently used Direct Courier Solutions twice, and been more than happy with their service. £31 for 4 wheels up to 16", with tyres, £40 fpr 18's, from Ashford to Lancashire and Scotland. They even show on their website the best way to pack wheels for shipment.

http://www.directcouriersolutions.co.uk/index.php

Hi all,

I've just bought 4 alloy wheels from an eBay seller in Durham. He is willing to package them up but I have to arrange a courier myself. He is only available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon this week but all the couriers that I've checked out say that someone needs to be around all day or nominate a safe place. The seller says he doesn't have a safe place so does anybody know of a collection delivery service where I can say I want an afternoon collection?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I *think when you use Shiply you can add specific collection details. Bidders then know the full details before offering a quote.

I use Paisley Freight all the time, Ive used them atleast 20+ times, never had a problem with them.

If you want to save a bit of money, say they are 17" (they never check)

I've recently used Direct Courier Solutions twice, and been more than happy with their service. £31 for 4 wheels up to 16", with tyres, £40 fpr 18's, from Ashford to Lancashire and Scotland. They even show on their website the best way to pack wheels for shipment.

Next Day Delivery Anywhere in the UK from Direct Courier Solutions

this ^^ use them all of the time and not been let down once.they use interlink express to collect and deliver.always on the ball in my experience

Another vote for paisley freight, used them several times, good price and no problems .

Wrap them individually with a little cardboard and you can send 4 parcels under 25kg with Yodel for £5.50 each + vat.

£22+vat for 4, although with lighter 15" & 16" wheels I know you can strap 2 together meaning only 2 parcels going and £11+vat.

Have sent dozens of sets this way and not had any damaged or lost!

Wrap them individually with a little cardboard and you can send 4 parcels under 25kg with Yodel for £5.50 each + vat.

£22+vat for 4, although with lighter 15" & 16" wheels I know you can strap 2 together meaning only 2 parcels going and £11+vat.

Have sent dozens of sets this way and not had any damaged or lost!

Cheers for that. The seller is only willing to pack them up but not send himself and is only around after midday so I need to persuade one of these couriers to make an afternoon pickup. Going rate seems to be around £30 but so far nothing that allows you to choose a pm slot for pickup. Just had a quote from Shiply for £96! :eek:

Another vote for paisley freight, used them several times, good price and no problems .

Cheers I'll phone them tomorrow to see if they can make an exception and do an afternoon pickup for me :)

Mostly, couriers deliver in the mornings and do collection in the afternoon.

That's the case for for all our the couriers here, but every location/driver will vary.

as above, Yodel, just wrap them up nicely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom