Wheel cleaner in bulk...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been using Devils Blood on wheels and lower body panels, seems to work well.

I too would recommend Blit Hamber. It’s also available in 5ltr container. For the first time I would also buy the spray bottle as I have found some spray bottleS don’t work.

+1 for Autofinesse, it works out so cheap if you wash them regularly. I did laugh when I saw Dragon's Breath mentioned, I tried that years ago; really gets the job done quick as you have to hold your breath while using it! Man that is savage stuff! Probably good on a car that hasn't been cleaned for years but other than that I'd avoid it. [wretches slightly remembering the smell]

I use Autosmart‘s G101. Diluted to suit. Left on for a few minutes and rinsed off with water. Then finish off with WWW, applied sprayed on a cloth.

Yes davymead i use quite a lot of WWWW On every part of the car including chrome plastic and rubber , glass sides and rear .All but front screen . Good on alloys from start to finish . Spray it on and leave it for 15 mins to shift the dirt .Wipe off, polish, job done .

Cheers for your thoughts guys. Any pros or cons on using acidic cleaners over non-acidic?
I had a Main Dealer yrs ago (BMW) ruin my brand new set of staggered one off alloys by not using a Citrus based wheel cleaner! They let an inexperienced lad wash my car.

They were anodised, so looked milky where it settled.
Clean my wheels now and then by taking wheel off and spend some time cleaning inners too even if 1 wheel a week Use rim wax which almost stops the brake dust sticking.

Another recommendation for BH Auto Wheel here. I didn't think that I could 50/50 dilute it for maintenance washes which is interesting as I use lots in the interests of getting good coverage.

Another recommendation for BH Auto Wheel here. I didn't think that I could 50/50 dilute it for maintenance washes which is interesting as I use lots in the interests of getting good coverage.
Its best diluted with DI water buddy, esp if you have a high PPM/hard water

Its best diluted with DI water buddy, esp if you have a high PPM/hard water
Actually, I need to get a soft water filter, after serious water spotting yesterday trying to clean the car of road salt without a proper maintenance wash and dry.

72DAD03F-E893-4065-A14B-613B04E12099.jpeg

7FE26EFF-1116-494B-A4B0-1308FEEDEF7F.jpeg

Last edited:
If your trying to do a contactless wash, then your need a Citrus prewash, followed by a Decent snow foam, then either sheet the water to aid drying, or a DI Vessel, I have the 14lt one from RaceGlaze

Also due to the ceramic coating you have, water spotting is more of an issue when rinsed with normal tap water, Kamikaze do a water spot remover and Overcoat V3 to help maintain your coating and prevent against water spotting.

Thanks for that Lee. I'll order the citrus prewash from Angelwax to go with their snowfoam (which is great). I'm a little irked as I visited their factory outlet in Renfrew and they never mentioned it to me.

To be honest, I hadn't realised that ceramic was such a problem in hard water areas. The kamikaze stuff is a little dear!

I’ve got a ceramic coat and live in a hard water area. I never get spotting like that, I spray a drying aid on my drying towel ( Nanolex Final Finish) and blow dry the all the panel gaps mirrors etc.

I’ve got a ceramic coat and live in a hard water area. I never get spotting like that, I spray a drying aid on my drying towel ( Nanolex Final Finish) and blow dry the all the panel gaps mirrors etc.
The water spotting is due to a contactless wash and rinse, you cant towel dry unless its had a contact wash first

Well if that’s the finish you get, I’ll contact wash it properly every time

Thanks for that Lee. I'll order the citrus prewash from Angelwax to go with their snowfoam (which is great). I'm a little irked as I visited their factory outlet in Renfrew and they never mentioned it to me.

To be honest, I hadn't realised that ceramic was such a problem in hard water areas. The kamikaze stuff is a little dear!
No probs buddy, the over coat V3 would last you about a year, as you only need to apply every 6 washes or so, and its works as a drying aid too. You can also use Koch chemie Fse for water spotting buddy, what ever you do use, always wash off after.

many people don't realise that ceramic coatings are more prone to spotting, water minerals building up on the coating, it blocks, then causes the spotting.

If you use a Citrus-pre-wash its helps slow this down due to its acidic surfactant.
It's also far better to sheet the water off rather then free rinsing, this not only dries the car faster, but will also mean less contact on the drying stage

The difference being?
I'll show you buddy, rinsing with a jetwash will leave beading, meaning you need to towel dry, if you sheeting the water ot will dry the panel for you.
Water beading with a jet wash
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Water sheeting

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Woah. Mind blown!

Using the sheeting method, does that mean that I can 'sheet' then dry from the top of the car downwards? i.e panel by panel?

EDIT: If so, then I could consider the smaller water filter for the rinsing/sheeting stage, to avoid the risk of hard water deposits - though perhaps with the sheeting method and drying panel by panel, it may not be such a risk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom