Wheel Cleaner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
What do you detailers use for cleaning the wheels - I've used the last of mine and on the market for some more, but not an acid type (If possible) so let me know what you use please??

I rarely use a wheel cleaner, generally just a mitt and car shampoo does the job. That said, Sonus Rim Bright is good stuff.

sonus-rim-bright.jpg

Give it a spray, agitate using a soft detailing brush then rinse if the wheels are really dirty. Then a final wipe with a wash mitt. Job done. :)

Mostly as above but this if they're particularly bad

Attachments

• IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 31
I use the Autoglym stuff )non-acid) which is pretty good, for old wheels I have to revert back to something tougher and acid related like wonder wheels, at least for the initial wash., once cleaned and sealed most of the time soapy water does the trick, no cleaners needed.

Mostly as above but this if they're particularly bad

I used to use this Sonax stuff but it smells that badly I stopped. I now just clean them with the same stuff I clean the rest of the car with, which seems to work for me.

I have nearly a full bottle of Sonax if you want it John?

I use the Autoglym stuff )non-acid) which is pretty good, for old wheels I have to revert back to something tougher and acid related like wonder wheels, at least for the initial wash., once cleaned and sealed most of the time soapy water does the trick, no cleaners needed.

Jesus, Wonder Wheels is like spraying sulphuric acid on them :doh:

A lot of folks dont get on with Bilberry but its a bit of an Emperors Clothes product - 'how dare you criticise it' etc.

Pretty well all of the red bleeding effect cleaners smell of rotten eggs as that's the aroma of the active ingredient, though the Kenotek Wheel Cleaner Ultra isn't bad at all with its pleasant pineapple fragrance. Its good value too at £14.99 for 1 Litre.

I'd always recommend sealing the wheels once clean so a wash over with your normal shampoo and old sponge/mitt/brushes will do the job. I have used Race Glaze Nano Wheel Sealant for about 4 years, lasts well, goes on/off easily and at 9.99 for 250ml is good value - my bottle is still half full.

All available from: Car Care, Covers, Wax and Accessories - More Than Polish

What I did today, put some Megs shampoo in a spray bottle with some hot water

Spray on , clean with a wheel fibre brush and then spray of with a pressure washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom