• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wheel downsizing E400d AMG Line Night Edition 4Matic

These are definitely meatier than the AMG 20"

And I need them to go!

Hi all, my first post - I've got an AMG E400D and suffered 3 cracked rims in the last 12 months on my 20" wheels. I think 18" is the way to go if possible so has anyone had any success here?

We were in France recently and had a taxi running 18" rims on his E300 so I guess my query is how to compare the disc size, any suggestions on where I could find this info.

With my BMW I could use www.realoem.com to compare parts and models so does Mercedes have a similar site?

TIA

Hi all, my first post - I've got an AMG E400D and suffered 3 cracked rims in the last 12 months on my 20" wheels. I think 18" is the way to go if possible so has anyone had any success here?

We were in France recently and had a taxi running 18" rims on his E300 so I guess my query is how to compare the disc size, any suggestions on where I could find this info.

With my BMW I could use www.realoem.com to compare parts and models so does Mercedes have a similar site?

TIA
Realoem actually points you in the right direction on the landing page, but here's the link
Mercedes > Mercedes EPC Online > nemigaparts.com

Slight thread drift, but whilst we have chunky 225/55/19s on the X Trail, I did have to have front suspension work at this year's service as the missus believes that her car is invincible to speed bumps and potholes.....

So even with decent depth tyres, a car can still take damage from the roads

20230430_164900.jpg
Barry.
To be honest 18s would be lost on that car. If you have to reduce the size, 19s are a good compromise. 🙂👍

Realoem actually points you in the right direction on the landing page, but here's the link
Mercedes > Mercedes EPC Online > nemigaparts.com
Thanks, I didn't realise that :(

Slight thread drift, but whilst we have chunky 225/55/19s on the X Trail, I did have to have front suspension work at this year's service as the missus believes that her car is invincible to speed bumps and potholes.....So even with decent depth tyres, a car can still take damage from the roads
I agree but think I've got the hang of missing the majority of potholes so hope moving to 18"s helps that extra bit :)

Barry. To be honest 18s would be lost on that car. If you have to reduce the size, 19s are a good compromise. 🙂👍
I get what you're saying but the E300 we saw in France looked ok with the 18s on it, I didn't buy the car for its looks, I bought it for it's funcionality and I think 18s will enhance it's usability for me at least.

I get what you're saying but the E300 we saw in France looked ok with the 18s on it, I didn't buy the car for its looks, I bought it for it's funcionality and I think 18s will enhance it's usability for me at least.
Fair enough. 🙂👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom