Wheel dust barrier spray?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If anyone has different colour wheels please add photo đź‘Ť

So, I applied KKD revolve to the whole rear wheel last night, and I've just applied EZ Care Care Ceramic Wax Extreme to the rear wheel barrel only .

It seems like the wax paste went on really smoothly, and when buffed left a super smooth, really slick and glossy finish. It has improved the gloss appearance of the KKD, which in itself was an improvement to the as-refurbed barrel finish.

My thinking about applying the ceramic wax is that it is basically similar tech to the KKD (both silica), so should complement reasonably well.
I know that 'if KKR was applied correctly and when working and being cleaned correctly' that additional products are apparently unecessary and will only detriment the ceramic coat.
I'm pretty sure I have applied KKD correctly, but assuming I've got it wrong on 3 occasions and I don't know how to clean wheels, I only have 2 choices. Basically get all the wheels refurbed again and pay someone to apply KKD and clean my wheels every time, or find a solution that works well with what I've got. Don't forget on the smooth alloy faces, the KKD is working great on its own. It's just on the barrels that are less glossy and seem to suffer terribly with iron particular contamination. I'm using Merc supplied brake pads if that makes any difference, but unfortunately low dust ceramic brake pads are not available for my car.

I'll update this thread come next wheel cleaning session (summer, as these are summer alloys) and let you know how the wax has performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom