Wheel dust barrier spray?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
A few years ago i had i think it was a turtle wax dust barrier polish that you just sprayed on and wiped after washing the wheels. So fancied something like that again as i can't find it on the internet. Anyone know something that does the same thing, just a spray and wipe round the wheels and it comes off in the next wash or two but just makes life easy? Thanks

Chemical Guys Wheel guard , does a good job . I’m just finishing some off before trying a Poorboys wheel something .
They are both waxes rather than sprays

I use Armor All Shield wax spray. Spray on and leave for an hour to dry on clean dry wheels. It makes it easy to wash next time and keeps a film layer from brake dust.

Autoglym, wonderwheels, Fusso andArmour all do a sprayable dust repellent, I found them to work relatively well, but can leave staining if over applied

I use a can of furniture polish with beeswax. £1.50 but needs applying every time after a clean, but very easy to use and cheap.

I have fairly recently used KKD revolve on my refurbed wheels. I haven't waxed them since they were treated, so I'll see how I get on with cleaning them once it stops being so very very cold outside

I use a can of furniture polish with beeswax. £1.50 but needs applying every time after a clean, but very easy to use and cheap.

I have fairly recently used KKD revolve on my refurbed wheels. I haven't waxed them since they were treated, so I'll see how I get on with cleaning them once it stops being so very very cold outside

Good shout , similarly floor cleaner makes for a great alloy wheel cleaner .

Thanks for the info, i will give the furniture polish a go just to annoy the wife, then work my way through the others, thanks gang.

Anyone used Poorboys wheel sealant, not a spray but ive seen a utube video and looks good but everything does when they are trying to sell it to you. As all our shelves know.

Anyone used Poorboys wheel sealant, not a spray but ive seen a utube video and looks good but everything does when they are trying to sell it to you. As all our shelves know.
If it’s the punk stuff , I’m just about to start it , just finished the Chemical Guys wheel guard which was good stuff . I only wax my wheels every 6 months when I do a full clean on my summer winter wheel changeover.
Otherwise I just use car shampoo and never have any brake dust issues , so I guess the wheel waxes work pretty well

I'm not recommending this above a proper wheel sealant or wax. Just giving a cheap alternative, albeit with the need to apply every time.
Just like with any routine to keep wheels looking good, cleaning more often is better, but I find I can go a couple of months over winter with this, and the wheels just wash clean with virtually no-touch by following:

citrus>snow foam>iron/fallout remover>tar remover IF I can see any left, which is unusual>microfibre dry>apply polish and loosly wipe round with kitchen roll

Pressure rinse between each stage

I use kitchen roll for the last delicate wipe round to take any excess off so I can chuck the final waxed cloth straight in the bin and not risk washing a micro fibre containing wax and hindering water absorption of other micro fibre cloths that would get mixed in the wash.

Note: This is £4.50 on Amazon (apparently reduced from £5.86) vs. £1.30 in Tesco
Sainsbury's do their own brand furniture polish with beeswax for 60p for those really looking to save some pennies 👍

Beeswax Polish.jpeg!

Poorboys pink wheel wax, have been using this for almost two years so three or four applications.
Wheels off, full clean, polish and a coat of Carlack nano then have put three coats of poor boys on the wheel. It lasts okay but will be looking for something else for the next “wheels off” clean.
I use Bilt Hamer snow foam and Carlack shampoo along with MB pads.

If it’s the punk stuff , I’m just about to start it , just finished the Chemical Guys wheel guard which was good stuff . I only wax my wheels every 6 months when I do a full clean on my summer winter wheel changeover.
Otherwise I just use car shampoo and never have any brake dust issues , so I guess the wheel waxes work pretty well
It will be interesting how you find the Pink Poorboys seeing as you know first hand about the Chemical guys wheel guard, so Please let us know please your results, Thanks.

Why not loads ordinary car wax?

I remember a Mk1 Golf handbook saying to rub the wheels with candles for their wax
icon_shysterical.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom