Wheel fitment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc123ddd

Car
Mercedes 190e
I am looking into putting a set of 18 s on my Mercedes 190e 1992 with 8.5 j and 10j. Does any one have any info on these fitting?

I am looking into putting a set of 18 s on my Mercedes 190e 1992 with 8.5 j and 10j. Does any one have any info on these fitting?
The link below is to a pdf chart of all the wheel and tyre combinations as fitted by Mercedes, AMG, Brabus and Carlsson.

Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

If you are wondering if a particular tyre size is suitable, or if a certain rim size/offset will fit, then it is a single place to check. If one of the tuning companies hasn't attempted it, then it's an indication that it might not be such a good idea!

It is periodically updated and if you have and documentation for new vehicles or perhaps a scan from the tyre page of the manual from older models (113/107/109/124/201), I will update it!

Lastly, please make this a sticky post!

It looks like Carlsson fitted the largest wheels in period with 18 x 8.5j wheels front and rear, but no tyre sizes are quoted. AMG fitted 16 x 7.5j with 225/45 16 tyres.

Squeezing 18 x 10j wheels under the arches will likely require modification and there’d still be a risk that they won’t fit without excessive compromise.

I suspect trial and error is your best option if you’re committed to finding out.

What sort of power are you aiming at to warrant 8.5j and 10j wheels?

I would like to see it but I can't see how 10 inch wide rims would fit on the rear of a 30 year old 190E without some sort of modification to the bodywork .

Personally I think 18’s look a bit much on the 190

My pal has a set of 17” OZ’s on his and they look great along side the Cossie kit.

Is there a specific reason you want this size or is it just for looks?

Bigger wheels = more chicks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom