Wheel insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

willtom

Car
BMW
Has anyone take out wheel insurance to pa for damage to alloys? Was it worth it?

I took the insurance out, think it works as one repair to each wheel or one complete replacement wheel.
I haven't used the cover yet, got a very small amount of damage to one rim, was going leave repairing it till near the end of the cover.
Cost me £500 for 3 years cover.
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

i have on my SL400 . £700 for 3 years . not sure its worth it as I do low mileage but the cost to refurb or replace would probably be a shocker.

Attachments

• DSCF1893.jpg
    DSCF1893.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I paid £449 for a 3 year combined alloy wheel and tyre insurance. The only reasons were that the car has daimond cut alloys and it's the first car I've had with run flat tyres.

The policy (provided by Lookers Group and operated by Permia Solutions Ltd) covers malicious damage to wheels and tyres, up to 10 repairs to alloys and up to 5 replacement tyres.

The alloys on my previous S204 seemed prone to kerb scuffs (some were wally moments) but the AMG alloys and run flats on the S205 don't appear to be quite so vulnerable? (There, I've tempted fate now?). So time (and luck) will tell if it was a worthwhile purchase.

Phil

Yes, £600 for 3 years with MB, when I purchased the E63. I had not kerbed an alloy in 20 years but two weeks after I purchase the car I did. I still can't believe it and I was embarrassed to make the phone call :(

Anyway, it was a very easy process to sort out the fitting of a new wheel.

Could that have been a psychology thing? In the back of your mind you knew you had insurance and so were less 'bothered' about keeping away from the kerbs?

Certainly, like any insurance, it must cause one to be slightly less careful whether you are actively conscious of that or not.

With some alloys being tricky to repair and very expensive to replace, insurance is not such a bad idea IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom