Wheel nut.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercfanatic

Car
S class
Someone, MOT or service has lost the locking wheel nut from my wife’s car, does anyone know how I can get a replacement please?

Hello and welcome . Ask them to buy you a new set . or ...The box they came in should be in your car along with the original bolts . The box has the code on it .

Am I reading this 'they lost the adapter to undo the wheel bolts' ?

The locking bolts were not factory fitted . They were fitted by the suppling dealer.

PS opinion is divided on here , some thinking (as possibly proven in your post today) is that they are more trouble than they are worth....

Hello and welcome . Ask them to buy you a new set . or ...The box they came in should be in your car along with the original bolts . The box has the code on it .

Am I reading this 'they lost the adapter to undo the wheel bolts' ?

The locking bolts were not factory fitted . They were fitted by the suppling dealer.

PS opinion is divided on here , some thinking (as possibly proven in your post today) is that they are more trouble than they are worth.. I can’t because I don’t know who lost them, the box containing the wheel nut(s) has gone as well.

Are you sure ? MB did not factory fit locking wheel nuts , they were factory supplied but fitted at the dealership , thats why you end up with a box of plain (ever so slightly used) wheel bolts in the boot of your brand new MB.

Might have been different on the S class 🤷‍♂️

Are you sure ? MB did not factory fit locking wheel nuts , they were factory supplied but fitted at the dealership , thats why you end up with a box of plain (ever so slightly used) wheel bolts in the boot of your brand new MB.

Might have been different on the S class 🤷‍♂️
I’ve had more MB’s than I can count and everyone has come with locking wheel nuts?

I would have to assume if the code can not be found written down anywhere in the car's paperwork it's off to a main MB dealership to get it matched to their collection of adapters.

Full kits of (non OEM) wheel nut adapters are available for sale , it's possible your local independent has such a collection ?

I am actually going out to my car right now to note down the code on mine !!

Pop in to your MB stealer, they keep a master set, try till you find the one which fits.
They then sold me one for about £10.

had it in stock.

D1 L6 .part number B6 647 0143. (pin type)

Sorry , not helping much am I . The guys at the MOT place need to take some of the blame/cost . Or are you not keen to get them involved ?

If Mercedes don't have the key, don't panic. Two weeks ago I took a Citroen in to a garage to get the same type of wheel locking nuts removed as the owner had lost the key. The garage removed all four in a matter of minutes.

Makes a bit of a mockery out of locking wheel nuts.

They lost them. they buy them !
I once had a steering joint done at a garage and when i went to pick it up he gave me the wheel key and said you will have to buy another one of them its sheared off.
O no i don't, you have to buy a new one and get it delivered here as i'm not taking the car as if i get a puncture i cannot get the wheel off, he said it wasn't there fault it snapped, so i then told them they had too much torq on the gun more than likely from doing the steering joint up or that wouldn't of happened. They phoned me two hours later to tell me one had been delivered and the cars ready to go.
Surprise they didn't try asking me for the money. If someones an idiot don't let them put it on you. A good garage would be apologising and replacing them for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom