Wheel refinishing in Glos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MotardMan

Car
94 E320 W124 Coupe, '98 C240 Estate, 31k miles!
My W124 300TE requires just one of the 8 hole alloys to be refinished. Laquer is badly lifted and the wheel is both kerbed, and corroded, not by me I add, I have only just bought the car!

Can anyone suggest a company to get the job done?

Best,

Jim

Originally posted by MotardMan
My W124 300TE requires just one of the 8 hole alloys to be refinished. Laquer is badly lifted and the wheel is both kerbed, and corroded, not by me I add, I have only just bought the car!

Can anyone suggest a company to get the job done?
I don't know of anyone in your area, but there is bound to be someone. You could try asking your stealership or local independent garage, they might offer the service themselves but it is more likely that they send it on to someone else, they will either tell you who that is or make you go through them, either way you've found someone...
Or you could just buy a new wheel, or a set.
mb_8hole.jpg

that's a 16" replica oem 8 hole wheel, going for £499 for a set including tyres, one wheel would be about £125 with tyre, but it wouldn't look the same as the others, trouble is after a refurb, the other wheels will look crap in comparison to the refurbished one! Refurbishing a wheel will cost about £50-60, it takes about a week and you can't do it by mail-order, plus you have to find a wheel to use while it's being refurbished.

I was at the stealership today and they had some wheels in boxes at the parts dept. I asked if they were new, they weren't, they were refurbished. They look amazing! Like my current wheels but with the polished finish. They were done by:

Pristine Alloy Wheel Refurbishers Ltd
Newport Road
Woburn Sands
Milton Keynes
MK17 8UD
Tel: 01908 282628

Give them a ring, I'm told they're the best in the business. I might have my own wheels repaired by them, I fancy getting them painted silver but with polished face like the SLK ones I saw today...

Here are some prices: http://www.tyresave.co.uk/alloyrfb.html

When my wheels started corroding, they were replaced, I thought, with new, under warranty by my dealer. When they started corroding, I found out that they were, in fact, refurbished alloys, done by Pristine.

As I had notified them outside of the 12 month warranty, they refused to replace them. They were about two months outside warranty! They did offer to do them for half price (about £150 IIRC), but I had to do without them for two weeks, which would have been a little problematic :confused: .

I do look after my wheels, honest ... :D

Cheers

Andrew

It's a shame that not too many places offer loan wheels whilst you get your own repaired/refurbished.

I've got a 190e 2.6 at the moment and the corrosion is bad enough on one wheel to create a slow leak. I want to get the wheels refurbed, but the only place I can find that can help me (no tools, no stands) is A & S in E18, London.

Anyone care to share their experiences with the refurb mobs:

BJV Engineering?
Lepsons.com?
Monty's Wheels and Tyres?
The A10 Carwash?
A & S Wheels and Tyres?

I don't want the world, just cleanish non leaky rims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom