Wheel refurb near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elbarry

Car
2013 e250 amg cabriolet tip
Looking for a recommended wheel refurb company near Liverpool. Don't mind travelling a little to get the right job.
The wheels are e class 19" diamond cut, no major damage, just want the wheels to look new again.
Thanks all
Andy

Diamond cut are a pain in the @rse and will it seems always fail over time.

Consensus seems to be go powder coated which is what I did with my spare set of 17s.

Took mine to Rhino in Tarleton. Not had them back on the car yet but seem to have done a good job.

Attachments

• image-3471799996.jpg
    image-3471799996.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image-3850681562.jpg
    image-3850681562.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 27
I've not used them but National Alloys get a brilliant name over in Widnes.
I'm not sure of the difference with diamond cut etc but I do know that National Alloys fully remove the tyre & dip the whole wheel etc . Other places just refurb the front of the alloy, without removing the tyre.

Diamond cut literally have a tiny section of the face removed. For that reason can only be done so many times. The equipment to do it is I'm guessing pretty expensive as has to be very precise.

They look great when new but always from what I gather fail at some point no matter how well looked after.

Can see lots of tiny/light scratches in the lacquer on my main wheel, just waiting for them to turn into white spots :-(

Hi, share MDC's view on repeat diamond cutting and agree recommend for rhino wheels. If you do want diamond cut, try WRC in Bamber Bridge - they do diamond cutting iirc.

Regards, Dave.

Great advice guys, to be honest diamond cut really ain't my preference anyway. Was just thinking that the standard finish may be best for residual on the car. It may mean that I keep hold of my 18" amg for resale time and not sell them on as in the classified section.
However maybe a hi power silver finish may look better.
Any ideas for best way for painting. Is the powder coat the better option.
The 18" amg look a nice finish in the reply there.
How much for the set of 4 should I expect.

Just had a look at rhinos website, in Preston too where I work
Think I'll be taking them up there for free consultation. Possibly have then diamond cut to standard appreciate I may end up having them painted in the future. May also keep the 18" as a winter wheel to keep the 19" as fresh as possible
Thanks for the advice

Depending on what money you are prepared to pay think you can get them painted and in due course put back to diamond cut.

Speak to the men in the know though when you go to Rhino...just don't go for the pink set they have in reception ;-)

Ok spoke to Rhino and they quoted the following:
4 x wheels diamond cut @ 115 per wheel
4 x wheels repainted (powder coat) @ 85 per wheels.

Thoughts as I have not had wheels refurbed before.

Andy

For longevity I would powder coat in preference as re-diamond cutting will not last much longer than 2 years unless you're lucky.

Well thanks to all who helped, rhino seem very helpful and probably will be my place of choice.
Good news is that I picked up the 19" today and 2 are mint with the other 2 just needing a small section of refurb on the outer painted edge. I believe a a minor repair of the 2 of them will do the job as the repair will not affect the main diamond cut face which is unmarked.
I feel pretty lucky there.
Thanks again all.
Andy

Done the refurb myself. Lots of wet n dry paint lacquer and effort. Plus tons of polishing
Made up with results, car looks proper now sitting on 19s.

Attachments

• image-2817328905.jpg
    image-2817328905.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 10
Luckily enough it was just some minor kerbing on the edge lip. Not that hard to sort out.

Attachments

• image-1906510014.jpg
    image-1906510014.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 15
They look very good :)

Maybe you should set up doing refurbs?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom