Wheel refurb - RAW wheels, York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chugg

Car
E350 CDI Sport Estate
Alloy Wheel Repair & Refurbishment York, Selby, Leeds - Raw Wheels

Just had my wheels refurbed by these guys, and I’m really pleased with them. Great service, dropped the car off at 8.30am, called me at 3pm to say all done. Fitted my new tyres on and got rid of the old ones at no extra charge. Fancied a colour change so went with anthracite. I know, I’m hardly breaking new ground on the colour choice, but they look great. £60 a wheel. Very friendly guys too. You need to book in a couple of weeks in advance, but well worth it.
5BF1B6CA-2CE2-4396-8E72-3B329909203C.jpeg

Powder coat or paint?

I’d have gone for powder coat personally for longevity but regardless finish looks good. :)

Lush mate, looks really good.
Enjoy your new wheels.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’d have gone for powder coat personally for longevity but regardless finish looks good. :)

Cheers mate. I hear you regarding powder coat and the longevity, but to be fair for this price and service, I’m happy to have them done every year or two. Pros and cons to both I suppose, paint looks better, better colour choice (and I went anthracite, lol) and polishes better and not as ‘thick and blobby’ as powder with no high curing temps to stress the alloy which the scaremongers will tell you weakens the wheel. Maybe some makes of wheel but I don’t really buy that, I’ve had plenty of wheels powder coated in the past and never had a problem with wheel strength afterwards. Not that the powder coat has lasted that long before blistering and baked on brake dust, couple of years maybe, but then I’m not particularly anal about the cleaning. However powder is the more durable and hard wearing finish.

First time I’ve used these guys and first time I’ve gone with paint and I reckon I’m converted. I might give them a coat of C5 and see how they hold up.

Lush mate, looks really good.
Enjoy your new wheels.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers bud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom