Wheel refurb what finish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
So I've booked my E in for a wheel refurb as I been looking too long for aftermarket rims that suit and I like. I have it booked in for monday but not decided on finish yet two options to choose from, painted silver/shadow chrome which is on the car now or get them diamond cut as it left the factory with, what u think? I'm swaying towards diamond cut

For some reason its not letting me upload any pics?

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

So I've booked my E in for a wheel refurb as I been looking too long for aftermarket rims that suit and I like. I have it booked in for monday but not decided on finish yet two options to choose from, painted silver/shadow chrome which is on the car now or get them diamond cut as it left the factory with, what u think? I'm swaying towards diamond cut

For some reason its not letting me upload any pics?

Finally able to upload pics heres diamond cut vs the shadow chrome already on my car
dde1ad4323416878f1397de7c6819b03.jpg
f7c14cdfbf2a41577cecbda756f00e5f.jpg

Personally I like diamond cut but they don't last forever. I would diamond cut until they can't be done again, and then move to shadow chrome then.

I went for powdercoat to original colour and the guy only heard the last bit and diamond cut it. It cost a lot more but very nice and shiny. Now I only use water to clean it and don't go to the £3 hand wash place anymore.

Took the plunge and have opted for diamond cut, leave it in monday ill post a few pics when completed

They look fantastic ..... And I don't think too expensive either.
With any decent re-furb in paint costing upwards of £60 each.

Gary

What is the most resilient finish please?

I went for powdercoat to original colour and the guy only heard the last bit and diamond cut it. It cost a lot more but very nice and shiny. Now I only use water to clean it and don't go to the £3 hand wash place anymore.

That's amazing!! £3?? My local just went up from £5 to £6 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom