Wheel refurb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breener

Car
C63 S AMG coupe
Hello folks,

Has anyone any experience of wheel refurbishment?
I kerbed my front passenger side wheel last weekend. C63s amg coupe. Staggered 19 inch front, 20 inch rear wheels. They are the forged multispoke titanium - colour ones (not the black ones). Have tried to attach a pic.

Have been informed that the process involves a lathe to skim down the imperfection and then re-lacquer. I have been told it will look as good as new and there is a guarantee that the wheel will not corrode afterwards.

Has anyone been through this process with their wheels?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 4C04AE93-F589-480F-95AA-07BBFCD2C5D4.jpeg
    4C04AE93-F589-480F-95AA-07BBFCD2C5D4.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 14
I have yes and they are as good as new, the thing to be aware of is that they can only be done a few (2?) Times because of skimming material from them.

Hello folks,

Has anyone any experience of wheel refurbishment?
I kerbed my front passenger side wheel last weekend. C63s amg coupe. Staggered 19 inch front, 20 inch rear wheels. They are the forged multispoke titanium - colour ones (not the black ones). Have tried to attach a pic.

Have been informed that the process involves a lathe to skim down the imperfection and then re-lacquer. I have been told it will look as good as new and there is a guarantee that the wheel will not corrode afterwards.

Has anyone been through this process with their wheels?

Thanks in advance

I've not been through your pain but I know someone who is selling a near new mint set of those wheels with as new MPS4S tyres if you ever go down that route. I believe they wanted in the region of £1,800 for them.

It was an option for me when buying my S205 C63S but I went for the cheaper price with the 19's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom