Wheel Refurbishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
Well the time has come to give my wheels abit of a refurbish. On speaking to a person who does my carpark dents on the car, He put me on to a place called Lepsons in Gillingham he said that he had heard great feedback from there work. On speaking to them they have quoted:-

4 x 18" wheels to be refurbished with diamond cut finish and the two rear tyres to be replace (Goodyear Asymmetric 255/35/18 94Y) the refitting of my front tyres, balancing of all 4 wheels comes out to £650.40 inc Vat.
I think this is a good deal as if i want i can even leave my car there and they will store in inside the workshop whilst my wheels are being done , but i decided not to as then i can take them home and seal them with my Poorboys wheels sealer will show you the picture after there done so you can see the differance

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 88
Had mine done at Lepsons they did a great job, recommended.

I've also used Lepsons (my wife's SLK seems to have a magnetic attraction to kerb stones :rolleyes: ) and their work is first class. I have no hesitation in recommending them :thumb:

There's another outfit close by called Rimtec at Meopham who do good work, to the same standard as Lepsons but possibly cheaper. I've seen Lepsons work on a couple of Porsches at club meetings, and had my 968 wheels done by Rimtec, I reckon they're just as good as Lepsons.

Only downside I found with Rimtec was getting hold of them - can take a while to get them to answer phone or email! Also interesting place to find first time as they're in the old railway yard by Meopham station, down a side street and what looks like an alleyway!!

I thought the price wasn't too bad (the tyres alone are £300)cant wait to put them in Monday so should have them back on the friday, seal them on the saturday so back on the car saturday/sunday.Then i better wash the car LOL. As long as i dont get any phone calls saying that any of the wheels are knackard all will be good.

I had some welding done on two of my wheels from Lepsons - very good all round.

Will be using them for all my refurb work in the future as things stand.

Don't get me wrong, between 2 MB and 2 Porsche forums I've seen nothing but praise for Lepsons work, and the 2 sets of Porsche wheels I saw (one was a 968 as well!!) that they had done looked excellent. However, they're somewhat further away from me, and for the strip and repaint of my 16" 968 cab cup 1 wheels, Rimtec were quite a bit cheaper and did an excellent job.

well these are a couple of photos from the front wheels, as they didn't order my new tyres for the rears so there going to TNT them over night to my home address. I must say they couldn't be more helpful.The fronts have had a coat of wax and a coat of poorboys wheels sealer (will do another couple tomorrow) just now need new wheel nuts and some centre caps

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 78
  • phoo2.jpg
    phoo2.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 69
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 66
Lepsons do fine work and are one of the few places that guarantee diamond cut rims. There is also KDS next door that can do your detailing while the wheels are being done - I think there is a discount on the wheel refurb price. I can recommend them as well, my CLK being testament to the fine work both operations do :thumb:

There is also KDS next door that can do your detailing while the wheels are being done - I think there is a discount on the wheel refurb price. I can recommend them as well, my CLK being testament to the fine work both operations do :thumb:

And there I was thinking that, like Rashman, the beautiful condition of your car was down to your own labour!!:):)

I have had Rimtec of Meopham do my wheels too 3 wheels straightened polished lip and AMG graphite centres £360 all in:thumb:

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom