Wheel Refurbishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edd1968

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK 320, CLK 55 AMG & 2 Friesian Horses!
Picked up my newly refurbished wheels yesterday evening. They were really letting the car down. Fitted them this morning. Very happy with the finish. Chose the diamond cut edge which really sets them off.
(Suspension hadn't settled when I took the pics BTW)
IMG_20190303_120144.jpg IMG_20190303_120253.jpg IMG_20190303_120116.jpg IMG_20190303_120213.jpg
Even Midnight gave her approval ;)
IMG_20190303_120307.jpg

Have you treated them with any coating ? I use Gtechniq C5 inside and out, highly recommended :)

The car looks great :D

Have you treated them with any coating ? I use Gtechniq C5 inside and out, highly recommended :)

The car looks great :D
Yep, done before fitting earlier, Gtechniq C2 I use.

They look fantastic. Really set the car off.

I've used C5 wheel armour.. I didn't rate it any better than poorboys.. wheel and car look great.

C5 wheel armour is specifically for wheels :)
Yes I know. Haven't got any of that. C2 will do fine, they so rarely get much dirtier than this anyway. ;)
I've started offering this stuff as an option for my valeting clients. It's so much easier to use than waxes and gives a better finish imo.IMG_20190303_131509.jpg

Those wheels look awesome!

There's a local place to me that will refurb my heavily damaged wheels for £360. That's with an extra ceramic coating.
How does that compare in price?

Those wheels look awesome!

There's a local place to me that will refurb my heavily damaged wheels for £360. That's with an extra ceramic coating.
How does that compare in price?
thank you. I love them. paid £350 for these. (powder coated) £280 without the diamond cut edge.
I did the ceramic coating myself.

thank you. I love them. paid £350 for these. (powder coated) £280 without the diamond cut edge.
I did the ceramic coating myself.

I have the AMG spoked on mine, just with chunks missing out of them ☹️☹️
You've tempted me with the diamond cut though lol

I have the AMG spoked on mine, just with chunks missing out of them ☹️☹️
You've tempted me with the diamond cut though lol
Well the diamond cut finish was an option for our wheels. From your Avatar, your clk is brilliant silver also, it really goes well with the car.
Mine weren't great but they were straight. No buckles, and the cut took out all of the damage.
Go for it, you know it makes sense ;) ;)

I like these, did it cost much to them refurbished?

Picked up my newly refurbished wheels yesterday evening. They were really letting the car down. Fitted them this morning. Very happy with the finish. Chose the diamond cut edge which really sets them off.
View attachment 84004 View attachment 84005 View attachment 84006 View attachment 84007
View attachment 84008
Excellent choice, really nice!
(Is it just me or is the CLK a timeless beauty?) :thumb:

View attachment 84004 View attachment 84005 View attachment 84006 View attachment 84007
View attachment 84008

Very nice , discs and calipers look really fresh too, did they get replaced or some TLC , car looks spot on :thumb:

Very nice , discs and calipers look really fresh too, did they get replaced or some TLC , car looks spot on :thumb:
While the wheels were away, I took the opportunity to clean all the linkages, hubs etc, strip the brakes down and give some tlc. Cleaned up, given a coat of HT paint etc. Even though they're not huge 4 or 6 pot Brembos, there is nothing worse than seeing rusty or grubby calipers and discs through an alloy wheel - and my wheels are particularly 'see through'

While the wheels were away, I took the opportunity to clean all the linkages, hubs etc, strip the brakes down and give some tlc. Cleaned up, given a coat of HT paint etc. Even though they're not huge 4 or 6 pot Brembos, there is nothing worse than seeing rusty or grubby calipers and discs through an alloy wheel - and my wheels are particularly 'see through'

You did a great job, car looks like new :thumb: Getting the discs and calipers looking good makes all the difference and as you know not a massive task. Takes me about an hour per corner to freshen up mine :)

You did a great job, car looks like new :thumb: Getting the discs and calipers looking good makes all the difference and as you know not a massive task. Takes me about an hour per corner to freshen up mine :)
Yes, the discs are oem but in the 2000 miles or so they've done the colour starts to tarnish. The rears are still nice and grey so I left them and just did the calipers.IMG_20190306_123618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom