Wheel Rim Sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wirral_guy

Car
CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Are all Alloys exactly the same size? When I say this I mean are the lips\edges always exactly 16" or 17" etc whether from Mercedes, Ford, BMW or after market makers?

Dave

They should be!!

All wheels must be made to international standards which specify the exact size of the rim with a small tolerance (thousandths of an inch).

Certainly, in the UK, any wheels not meeting the relevant standard would be unfit for use and therefore illegal to sell.

But beware!! Lots of manufacturers/retailers get away with ludicrous things by saying the goods (and I don't just mean wheels) are "not for road use" despite the fact that they know they'll only sell sensible quantities if they are used on the road.

Stick to the big guys and you shouldn't go wrong.

NormanC

Yes but as said it doesnt stop there do a google for pcd and offset.

Most mers pcd is 112x5.

Look at the top of this section will these wheels fit my car?

Lynall

Are all Alloys exactly the same size? When I say this I mean are the lips\edges always exactly 16" or 17" etc whether from Mercedes, Ford, BMW or after market makers?

Yes, otherwise the tyres wouldn't fit.

Be aware of Michelin metric wheel sizes though, imperial tyres won't fit those..;)

Yes, otherwise the tyres wouldn't fit.

Be aware of Michelin metric wheel sizes though, imperial tyres won't fit those..;)

I thought these where pretty much gone and out of production. :dk:

A pal of mine has a 5 series BMW ( old shape P reg ) and the tyres on that were metric ( i think )

Only car I had with metric tyres was my montego... it was the only car I every ran on remoulds as well!

Thanks guys. It's not actually to replace my wheels but an idea I have that would be applicable to all wheels on the road hence the question about the lip size.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom