Wheel sealant / armour ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Just getting into the detailing thing since I got the merc. Tried the snow foam now I want more lol. Anyone got any idea about the wheel sealants ? G techniq , poor boys etc. Seems the g tech is much higher priced than poor boys. Just need some pointers. Thanks in advance.

Felstmiester said:
Just getting into the detailing thing since I got the merc. Tried the snow foam now I want more lol. Anyone got any idea about the wheel sealants ? G techniq , poor boys etc. Seems the g tech is much higher priced than poor boys. Just need some pointers. Thanks in advance.

I've used both, I'm not a big fan of the poor boys wheel sealant. It doesn't seem to work well on the 'brake dust' prone wheels on the merc.

The Gtechniq is better, although it can be tricky to apply. You need to read up ...
It gives ease when washing wheels, as the brake dust falls off.

My best wheel sealant by far is Swissvax autobahn. A little more than the Gtechniq but is more of a wheel wax. So can be used multiple times. I've used one coat if autobahn on my other halfs fiesta in march and it is still working extremely well.even after 10,000 miles!

If you really want the ultimate protection, combine Gtechniq & autobahn.

Am I right to assume it would work on exhaust tips and calipers ?

Felstmiester said:
Am I right to assume it would work on exhaust tips and calipers ?

Like I said its good stuff when applied correctly.

Yes it works well on tips and callipers, prepos the key. If your unsure contact rob at gtechniq he's a top guy and will help all he can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom