Wheel Sealant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
I have just had my W211 sport wheels refurbished by Lepsons. They are all paint no diamond face and they are looking brand new How can I keep them that way?

I would appreciate knowing what polish/sealant you detailing guys recommend?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Try SmartWax's Rimwax or Autoglyms alloy wheel seal - Both provide a nice shine make it look like it is diamond cut and will keep that brake dust off for many miles and make it simpler to clean next time. I've got the same wheels as yourself and guarantee u wont be disappointed with either of these products.

GTechniq C5 by far and away the best. Use it on the inside and outside.
It is pricey but it will last for yonks rather than the others which are more likely a monthly treatment.

S

Is it safe or even desirable to put a sealant on top of C5 for additional protection during the winter months?

Do you need to mask brakes off to spray this stuff on?

Having read this link put up by Bill

Best wheel wax | Auto Express

I went for the collinate 845 which seems pretty good. Is this a wax that you could use on car paintwork as well as wheels?

My 8 hole MB wheels are diamond cut and are three years old. Just one wheel, the offside rear for what it is worth, is now showing a small amount of corrosion. Does anyone know that if I wax my wheels with any of the above recommendations, the corrosion will be halted if not, then slowed down?

I don't know to be honest but if you put a bit of oil in the direct area that should help and if you make it chain oil it should help against the urge to fling off.....??

Or maybe penetrating oil and wipe off the excess??

Last edited:
Bernie...it is just car wax. I checked out detailing world and they use the one that I bought, collinate 845 on bodywork too.
So it might slow it down but if the laquer is broken then I suspect it is too late.
If you take the wheels off, clean all the brake dust etc off and then wax them it should help in the future.

Having read this link put up by Bill

Best wheel wax | Auto Express

I went for the collinate 845 which seems pretty good. Is this a wax that you could use on car paintwork as well as wheels?

I have been using 845 for many years on, errr, everything really.

Couple of coats on the wheels mean that I can get the brake dust off with just a damp microfibre cloth even after a month of total neglect. More you use it better it gets as there is a layering effect

There is a lot of BS and near fetishism surrounding some detailing products.

However, here in the real world, I do not have the time nor the inclination to lose many hours, (or days) producing a wonderful finish with vastly expensive products containing the ear wax of fruit bats and Unobtainium that, in practical terms, will be rendered not so pretty after a short period of use.

Collinite 845 was developed to ensure run off of water and grot from the ceramic insulators on high voltage power lines, so that lasting effect rather than absolute shine is what it is all about.

Suits me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom