Wheel spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmaoahthfte

Car
W220 320CDI Previously W210 220 CDI, W202 C200T KOMPRESSOR
Evening all
Would you say one of these is better than the other? Apart from one falling off the hub when the wheel is removed obviously. I'm thinking from a safety point of view more than anything. They aren't Merc specific, I couldn't find any jpeg images on fleabay but you get the idea I hope.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

I was told the second one with the studs coming out is due to the thickness of it. After a certain thickness you need to bolt it on apparently?
Olivier

The top ones which are known as 'hubcentric'. The protuding lip at the centre hole is a centre register which like the one on the hub locates the wheel concentrically (the wheel bolts are there to clamp the wheel to the hub, not locate it). Unsurprisingly the diameter of the centre register varies with manufacturers, it's 66.5mm for Mercedes IIRC.

I'm thinking of 20 mm spacers which can be bought with or without the retaining bolts, I guess the ones with the bolts will be the safest bet. The ones on fleabay have the hubcentric ring as well.

Whatever you get look for TUV approved and hub centric ones. If you search on here there are plenty of previous posts on spacers with recommendations of who to buy from.

Whatever you get look for TUV approved and hub centric ones. If you search on here there are plenty of previous posts on spacers with recommendations of who to buy from.

+1 for TÜV approval = peace of mind :)

Consider the H&R "DRA" spacer.
They are Merc hubcentric and bolt to the wheel hub and have threaded holes that accept the standard lug bolts.

Having a difficult time with the H&R website so below is a link to a USA reseller that shows the spacer configuration.

Mercedes Wheel Spacers | 20mm Wheel Spacers | H&R PN 40556659

Don't forget to buy longer studs or bolts when using standard spacers, helps prevent your wheels falling off...

Thank you one and all, I consider myself clued up on the subject now:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom