Wheel treatment options.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
What's the best treatment to help keep these wheels looking good in service, is there any product better than most at this...?

Attachments

• P1130174.jpg
    P1130174.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 16
On my CLS I used Collinite 915 twice a year, with Meg's Last Touch detailer spray at each wash, excellent at repelling brake dust.

On my RC I have the alloys ceramic coated and the brake dust just rinses off, with no other treatment in over 6k miles

"Just rinses off" sounds good to me, what ceramic coating/s are best and how long can you expect them to last?

I think I have Jet Seal on there at the moment but wondered if I should get something else on them while they are new.

I have Williams ceramic coating on mine from new. A lifetime guarantee from Lexus. That means they will prep and retreat as required.

Gtechniq C5 Alloy wheel Armour, highly recommended .

Got it.

C5 Wheel Armour - Exterior - Auto

Looks like something you can apply yourself too...?

Is there another coat of something you use over the top of C5 similar to what is done for the body paint..?

No just apply one coat, very easy to apply. Have it on all my cars, very impressive.

No just apply one coat, very easy to apply. Have it on all my cars, very impressive.

Hi i'm going to put this on a new set of wheels
do i need to put on gtechnic panel wipe first or can i just use brake cleaner ect?

Hi i'm going to put this on a new set of wheels
do i need to put on gtechnic panel wipe first or can i just use brake cleaner ect?

As long as they are clean :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom