Wheel wax recommendation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottk

Car
SLK 350 AMG body kit, exhaust and wheels
Can anybody recommend a good wheel wax, that is easy to apply, remove and most importantly lasts well.
I have tried a number of waxs and non of them seem to last that well.

Any suggestions?

Collinite 915, applied twice a year. Meg's Last Touch detailer spray used after each wash. Brake dust simply wipes away :)

Finish Kare 1000P lasts incredibly well on wheels and gives a great finish.

For the ultimate protection however, you may be better going for one of the gtechniq products like their C5 wheel armour.

Thanks for all the suggestions..... such a lot of choice.
I will have to try a couple of different ones i think (once the weather gets better!!)..... roll on summer!!

In past i used RimWax which seemed fairly good but does have a slight cleaner/polish in it. I have just ordered some Auto Finesse Mint Rims which im told is very good.

Some great suggestions from the members here! Fk1000p works fantastic, is heat proof and cheap as chips. I love swissvax autobahn but its pretty expensive. But if I'm looking for an advanced hydrophobic protection I always grab for gtechniq c5. Elite car care on here sell it and have a discount code for you guys too:

Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour - 15ml - Elite Car Care

Kind Regards
Michael

Some great suggestions from the members here! Fk1000p works fantastic, is heat proof and cheap as chips. I love swissvax autobahn but its pretty expensive. But if I'm looking for an advanced hydrophobic protection I always grab for gtechniq c5. Elite car care on here sell it and have a discount code for you guys too:

Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour - 15ml - Elite Car Care

Kind Regards
Michael

I've been looking for good wheel protection so will go for this stuff, any discount code would be greatly welcome!

Thanks

moff

+1 for Poorboy's Wheel Sealant.
About the only one of their products that I don't like the smell of though...

I believe the discount is mbclub. For it to work make sure the wheels are super clean. Then give them a thorough ipa wipe down. Then apply the C5 to the inside and outside of the wheel with the make up pads supplied. Then remove excess with a clean microfibre and if I was you use a heat gun over the wheel to help accelerate the curing for 5 minutes. Once complete you will have unreveilled protection! But make sure the wheels are thoroughly clean in order for them to be protected for 12 months.

915?......or 845?

Mic

I have used the 845 Insulator Wax for years and it lasts very well

915 is a solid paste whilst 845 is a thick liquid. Can be applied with a soft brush, which is helpful when doing wheels, although you will have to warm the bottle slightly in winter

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/memb...-elite-car-care-pampering-your-pride-joy.html

I used Poorboys for a while but it was quite time consuming to put on and rub off.

I put a coat of C5 on both cars last Spring and it is still going well. I don't think it makes much difference to stop dust adhering to the wheels, but it certainly makes it easier to wash off the muck from the wheels and calipers.

Don't get me wrong, this is not the miracle I was led to believe - a simple jetwash will not remove the brake dust like the adverts say, but you could wipe it off with a damp cloth rather than use a wheel cleaner.

Worth the money yes, worth doing a proper wheels off job and cleaning the wheels , yes. I did the full clean / clay bar / Iron X before applying it.

AmorAll Shield seems to be getting very good reviews at present too. Only £10 from Halfords.

S

Last edited:
I use Chemical Guys Wheel Guard, lasts a long time, makes the wheels shiner and most importantly goes on and off easy.

You won't go far wrong with the recommendations already mentioned though! :)

I believe the discount is mbclub. For it to work make sure the wheels are super clean. Then give them a thorough ipa wipe down. Then apply the C5 to the inside and outside of the wheel with the make up pads supplied. Then remove excess with a clean microfibre and if I was you use a heat gun over the wheel to help accelerate the curing for 5 minutes. Once complete you will have unreveilled protection! But make sure the wheels are thoroughly clean in order for them to be protected for 12 months.

Thanks for the advice!

The code doesn't work though??

Just put code DW for now that should work, ill speak to Alex tomorrow:)

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom