Wheel wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigdrew

Car
Ml350 bluetec clk220 CDi w209 amg styling 18in amg wheels cla 220cdi amg sport c class w205 amg line
Hi looking for some wheel protection wax etc can anyone give me some advice what gives good protection

I use same wax as the body panels....Collinite 476s I reapply when I wax the car ( probs every 3-4 months or so). I have prior used any old wax or sealants left in the shed.

I don't have a multi stage, complex or high product cost, wheel detailing regime. I just do was above BUT I wash or wipe over rims regularly, (near daily when in use).

Plenty of dedicated products that claim to have heat endurance capabilities. I wont recommend something I haven't used or copy from a search..

Other than machine polishing or tyres I mainly just use 3 tried & tested products on car.

Auto Glym - Super Resin Polish
Collinite - 476S
Valet Pro - Citrus Bling

Last edited:
Poorboys wheel wax is a good value one , as is Chemical guys wheel guard

I use poorboys wheel wax,easy to use and works well 🙂

100s of choices, 100s of suggestions. ;)

Swissvax Autobahn is my favourite. Tried few of them

Bromoco Wheel Guard is also not bad. But Swissvax is still the best

Not a wax, but Gtechniq C5 wheel armour. Dirt/dust just washes off

Don't start if i buy any more waxes i think i am getting a divorce, Just had some Poorboys black hole delivered today not that i need it, but she is jumping up and down as thats all that gets delivered here. :eek:

Don't start if i buy any more waxes i think i am getting a divorce, Just had some Poorboys black hole delivered today not that i need it, but she is jumping up and down as thats all that gets delivered here. :eek:
I am lucky that my wife has no interest in cars or car products. When my latest best thing ever arrives, the second I say its for a car her eyes just glaze over. 😒 shakes her head & wonders off

I've seen some suppliers (one baking site I use and a car detailing site) that offer to put on the package and on the paperwork 'congratulations on your prize' so their partner's think they have won the box of goodies

The best advice I can give is clean wheels very regularly with quality products and quality fallout remover, and use some wax, any wax. This puts you way ahead of nearly all other drivers and will keep the wheels looking good IMHO

Raceglaze nano wheel sealant. I hate cleaning wheels. Takes longer than the rest of the car so just spray this on and spread it around. Job done, no need to remove haze etc as it doesnt produce any

The best advice I can give is clean wheels very regularly with quality products and quality fallout remover, and use some wax, any wax. This puts you way ahead of nearly all other drivers and will keep the wheels looking good IMHO
Agree. I didn't come down in the last shower so don't buy (pun intended) all the marketing flim-flam to con me into buying a special wax for alloy wheels. It's just metal exposed to the elements so clean off brake dust asap wash, & wax. Sealants make little or no difference whatsoever, apart from the suppliers profit margin. A powerful hose does NOT remove all the muck you STILL have to wash properly by hand then wax, any wax. You have to be prepared to wash wheels frequently there are no shortcuts. Wash when cool of course as per washing/waxing anything.

Just started waxing my wheels too, figured i'd try Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic liquid wax - two applications in (different wash sessions about 2 weeks apart), it does seem to be having the desired effect. Brake dust just wipes off, although time will tell how long it lasts....

After having new tyres fitted on Tuesday I took off the wheels today to clean them.
I waxed them using that new Turtle Wax ceramic wax, they came up nicely. (Too many wax’s there)
I don’t do many miles so wheels don’t get very dirty before I clean them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom