Wheel wobble w124 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelk3289

Car
2007 W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
Hi Everyone

after a bit of advice!!!!

ive just replaced my standad w124 15 hole boring alloys with some AMG Monoblocks, i thought by going for 15" and keeping the same tyres i would keep costs down and keep everything simple, however it seems the 15" are a different offset and the fronts needed 2, 5mm spacers each side

after taking it for a spin i had to return it to the garage because of some severe wheel wobble, once the chap had re balanced them i took the car out again for another spin but the wobble (although reduced) was still there, that said there was some wheel wobble on my old alloys which i thought would be fixed by balancing

after spending some serious money having them refurbed plus cost of spacers and fitting im now trying to get some free advise before trying anything else

could this be caused by the spacers?

could it be the wheel hub?

i was told they were not buckled, so that should rule that out

need your help!!!!!!!! :confused:

many thanks

Michael

Could

the Merc wheels will self centre on the hub.

the spacers probably do not have that facility and instead have a conical fit onto the hub, which is difficult to self centre.

The spacers are dependent on the bolts to get alighnment onto hub. Therefore if the spacer holes are not a snug fit onto the bolts there is scope for the spacers to be tighened off centre.

Does that make sense ?

You wouldnt happen to know where i can get some nice fitting spacers would you, these amg alloys look really nice on!!!!

thanks

Michael

Ebay. Put in "hub centric" as a search title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom