Wheeler Dealer Yeah Right???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roocarl

Car
300SL W107
Come on who would pay nearly £8k for a LHD 280sl hmm a lot cheaper ones out there and as for a profit if you include man hours time to collect registering hassles? what profit lol
but fair play car looked a lot better after they finished it!
Carl

I bought a crappy 350SL once, it was cheap and i knew it was crap so it was worth it for the summer it lasted.

SL.jpg

This was 2500, it cost another 500 quid for the quick respray to make it look nice, it had no hood, crap brakes, wobbly suspension, a very slurry gearbox and a fair few buttons that didnt work along with bits of trim that had fallen off inside.

would have cost a lot to fix up to the standard of that brown one, a good paint job could cost 2000 by itself.

I reckon that brown one on wheeler dealers was an ok price, would have liked to see a genuine exhaust on it, but for a car that needs nothing doing to it it was ok, even LHD which is an advantage if you plan on using it as a summer car for continental touring.

not bad looking for £3k did you get your money back? still think a brown lhd 280 was a bit steep just look around at current prices there are a lot of people asking high money but just not selling there is a black 280sl around for £10k on 18" alloys will probably be around forever at that price No hardtop slower than my 1964 VW camper and steering that at best dangerous at worst lethal to be fair dealer stated steering a lil loose needs a slight tighten biggest understatement of year! could move steering wheel a quarter of turn before anything occured

Did the girl come with it ?

[QUOTE

This was 2500, it cost another 500 quid for the quick respray to make it look nice, it had no hood, crap brakes, wobbly suspension, a very slurry gearbox and a fair few buttons that didnt work along with bits of trim that had fallen off inside.

[/QUOTE]

Hey I never touched your suspension.

As for wheeler dealers, it was way overpriced for a LHD.

No mention of mileage or history, but look in good condition.

It was discussed here the other day.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59271&highlight=wheeler+dealer

And here.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59968

Last edited:
Girl didnt come with it, but was suitably impressed with it. :D

Got me money back on it so it was free fun for the summer, the paint was hiding a lot of filler and rust, i did tell the buyer though, although he didnt say so i think he bought it for spares, to be honest it wasn't good for much else, oil pressure was bad by the time i finished thrashing it around.

Hi

So you bought this old girl cheap, tarted her up a bit, thrashed her all summer so much that her oil pressure lowered (but she was impressed with it!!), by the time you were finished with her she was fit for nothing else and then your sold her for parts for the same money you bought her??:D :D

If thats what you did to the old girl, what did you do to the car?:D

Sorry couldnt resist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom