Wheeler Dealers Series 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mudster

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
Starting 4th May Discovery real time:-

I'm looking forward to the Interceptor and the BMW 8 series, both of which I have a hankering for.

Jensen Interceptor - Episode 1

Mike Brewer and Edd China go in search of a Classic Jensen Interceptor from the 1970s. This classic handmade GT cruiser was mentioned alongside Bentley and Aston Martin. At launch, it cost as much as a house, but Mike wants to find a car for £5000 or less.

Ford Cosworth - Episode 2

The legendary Ford Sierra Cosworth looks like a family car but goes like a racecar with a motorsport-tuned turbo engine. To find one of these desirable classics at less than £5000 is difficult… but Mike has some clever ideas where to find a car.

VW T2 panel van - Episode 3

Mike and Edd go on the hunt for the classic VW T2. When Mike decides to buy a camper, he discovers prices have never been higher, so he settles on the less-known panel van. Edd decides to completely repaint the car and uprate the engine.

BMW 8 series - Episode 4

This was was £60,000 new but can now be had for less than £5000. Mike Brewer samples one of the 90s great supercar bargains and snaps up what he thinks is a great car. But when Edd sees the car, he realises there’s plenty of work to be done on this cool V8.

Triumph Stag - Episode 5

A 70s classic car, the Stag still has an army of fans. Mike decides to find a rust-free car but it’s much harder than he thinks. Edd has to keep prices super-low or there’s no chance the pair will turn a profit on this one.

I'm looking forward to the BMW 8 series and the Triumph Stag, both cars i grew up admiring. Had i not got my W124 coupe i would have got an 8 series (or a 6 series :) )

K

Well i still like this program.. but cant help but notice some of the short cuts they take... and how they arent very good at adding up.. they seem to forget costs that they must have incurred when doing the final tally...
and as these are such old cars, it would be good practice just to change engine oil and maybe some of the other fluids before selling the car..

still fun to watch..

Well i still like this program.. but cant help but notice some of the short cuts they take... and how they arent very good at adding up.. they seem to forget costs that they must have incurred when doing the final tally...
and as these are such old cars, it would be good practice just to change engine oil and maybe some of the other fluids before selling the car..

still fun to watch..

Yes i agree with that.... also the fact they moan about being on such a tight budget and then, at some point buy something they dont really need, or could of got cheaper 2nd hand/referbished. Ed also said many times to save money, prep the paint yourself, but on a few shows goes agains this theory and, after many many shows of prepping the paintwork himself, states "now i've done all this work, THEY (meaning the paintshop) can do the prepwork", then later on in the show moans saying that their budget is tight.

i like the 1 hour show now instead of the two 30 min shows - never saw the point in that. i wish they didnt start each break with a wasted minuite of revisiting what they have already done - a waste of time as you've just watched all that.

Good show though. On Tuesdays at 9pm Discovery Real Time. Repeated on Shed on Thurs.

I'm going to get Ed to do all the work on my car - have you seen his labour rates £0....now that's what I call a bargain..:thumb:

I feel like I know "Ed" I've spent that much time watching him on TV.

Maybe we'd get Brewer's mates-rates for that reason alone!!??

Seems like a thoroughly nice bloke too.

It's television. It will lie to you.

But a great show.

When I got to Vegas, I turned on the hot tub, settled in to recover from the flight, turned on the TV and was greeted by Wheeler Dealers :thumb:

I loved the trailer-from-Germany episode, surprised they didn't keep the steering wheel :eek:

I loved the trailer-from-Germany episode, surprised they didn't keep the steering wheel :eek:

'cause it was awful, along with the alloys.

much better with the original wheel IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom