Wheeler Dealers the Frog Version!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While the UK guys did the A 310 the French guys did the legendary A110!

and since its a Mercedes FORUM its only fair-------

Last edited:
They seams to be focused on mid century cars which is really great it’s just a pitty they don’t speak a word of English so the viewers can understand what they are talking about.

They seams to be focused on mid century cars which is really great it’s just a pitty they don’t speak a word of English so the viewers can understand what they are talking about.
I agree the language barrier is a problem but if you persevere you do get some little gems. It was interesting in the piece of the W108 Mercedes to see the mechanic changing the rear " amortiseur" a sort of hydraulic self levelling device and changing it to the spring setup in the cheaper models - not obvious from the video but here's what he was working on.
906121-weird-noise-rear-suspension-swing-axle-2.jpg

the footage of the guy calibrating the mechanical fuel injection pump was something else and a warning perhaps for any prospective DIY owner to stick to a twin carb set up model? :eek:

getImage.php

I agree the language barrier is a problem but if you persevere you do get some little gems. It was interesting in the piece of the W108 Mercedes to see the mechanic changing the rear " amortiseur" a sort of hydraulic self levelling device and changing it to the spring setup in the cheaper models - not obvious from the video but here's what he was working on.
906121-weird-noise-rear-suspension-swing-axle-2.jpg

the footage of the guy calibrating the mechanical fuel injection pump was something else and a warning perhaps for any prospective DIY owner to stick to a twin carb set up model? :eek:

getImage.php
At least I can watch it muted in bed and FFW to techy parts. :)
I was also surprised seeing that change from hydraulic leveling to spring one. That part I didn't like. I don't think I ever saw Edd China making such cheap fixes. He tend to keep the car original as much as possible.
Re fuel injection pump calibration: fantastic to see how much fine mechanical adjustments are needed to set it up properly. There was a mention of 1400 Eur - reduced to 1100 Eur after haggling for this calibration but the one that was installed looked like new. Have you figured out was it the new one or the calibrated one?

Which website the goat-bearded guy is scrolling when buying cars. Web addresses are always blurred :mad:.

Edit: Found it. www.leboncoin.fr

Last edited:

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lazy foreigners who haven't taken the trouble to learn to speak English.

Quite frankly, I'd shoot the bally lot.....

At least I can watch it muted in bed and FFW to techy parts. :)
I was also surprised seeing that change from hydraulic leveling to spring one. That part I didn't like. I don't think I ever saw Edd China making such cheap fixes. He tend to keep the car original as much as possible.
Re fuel injection pump calibration: fantastic to see how much fine mechanical adjustments are needed to set it up properly. There was a mention of 1400 Eur - reduced to 1100 Eur after haggling for this calibration but the one that was installed looked like new. Have you figured out was it the new one or the calibrated one?
I got snippets early on when there was mention of catastrophe! if the injection pump was bad but on inspection it appeared that all the operating parts pistons etc were within tolerance so I'm assuming they simply refurbed/ cleaned the existing one. On the price if I caught it correctly the 1400 Eur was reduced to "trade rates " = 1100 Eur Was the pump original- since there can't be many kicking about now I'm guessing yes but it wouldn't be the first surreptitious component switch on wheeler dealers due to artistic/directorial licence . What we need is a forum member fluent in French.:confused:

Mechanics have a universal language, they look at it, then suck air through their teeth, whilst gently shaking their heads.

Translation:- “This is going to be expensive”...

Mechanics have a universal language, they look at it, then suck air through their teeth, whilst gently shaking their heads.

Translation:- “This is going to be expensive”...
They learn that from plumbers.

The irony!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom