Wheeler Dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's every probability the production team will have identified a car and agreed a price before Brewer ever gets near it. They'll then record the sham bidding process to show the world he's a hard negotiator.

There's every probability the production team will have identified a car and agreed a price before Brewer ever gets near it. They'll then record the sham bidding process to show the world he's a hard negotiator.

Hard eater more like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t get the hate. Two car enthusiasts do stuff to cars on TV - perfectly watchable with some stuff you like and some stuff you don’t. Ant is a skilled guy and Mike is friendly enough - fair play to them.

Completely agree with lordlee

I don’t get the hate. Two car enthusiasts do stuff to cars on TV - perfectly watchable with some stuff you like and some stuff you don’t. Ant is a skilled guy and Mike is friendly enough - fair play to them.

Google 'Big Motoring World reviews in Kent, who Mike Brewer supports and certainly was happy to do a series of TV adverts for.

Edit: I see that that they now write their own reviews and responses.

I dont hate it. I just preferred it when it was less flash and more detail.

I wouldn't say hate either it's just lost it's shine and lets face it no one likes change. "I'm not angry just disapointed" as mum would say.

It's the detailed bits that for the most part the reason I watched it in the first place which Ed brought to the table or had when Ed was on it if you like. If i ever have to remove the sump from the Golf again i now know i don't need to do a neat 12mm bead all the way round and bolt it up in a manner that pulls if evenly to the car but i can chuck the nozzle in the bin smear it everywhere and slap it on :)

Personally I'd like Mike's screen time reduced as i find his school boy enthusiasm a little irritating (but then again i always have) and focus more on the builds.

I guess what we all want really is a decent car restoration show and as far as WD went it was almost there when Ed was on it and Mike for me compaers to adverts during and decent film on ITV ..... you don't want them but like the film so put up with them.

Finally and the reason it'll probably drop of my recording list is moving it to America for me is worse than losing Ed, i don't want to see some guy with a giant house that obviously had enough money to restore a Cosworth but couldn't be ar**d making a bit of a pointless episode.

Bring it back to the UK i want a barn find from Yorkshire that doesn't run steam cleaned, repaired, wet sanded, polished seeing all the rusty bits along the way after a long days work i need more than just a peek under the skirt (ing) and job done, i want to feel almost like i have repaired it myself .... something i can relate to.

I’ll say much the same. I don’t hate MB, I don’t know the chap so it wouldn’t be sensible to say such a thing, but I don’t much care for his on screen persona either. I too treat his presence like adverts and typically treat it the same way, fast forward.

I’m building a car from scratch at the moment and on another forum I frequent where I’ve been doing a build blog, someone commented I should make a programme about it as it’s better than WD. I quickly realised just how boring most viewers would find such a thing.

Probably the best hands-on, entertaining yet informative thing you will find on car fabrication at the moment is Project Binky on YouTube.

I don't mind the new show... TBH the later WD shows weren't so good especially the USA editions... I like the real early episodes.. Porsche 924, Peugeot 205, etc...

I also didn't care much for the Trading Up editions.. The whole premise wasn't workable to go from a wreck to a supercar in a few moves... Just imagine the travel costs..!

On a sub note I'd like to see them tackle a 55 or 63 Merc!!! Unless they already have and I've missed it?

On a sub note I'd like to see them tackle a 55 or 63 Merc!

Quite like to see that too or tackle a balance shaft on a w203 :p

I keep meaning to watch the one with the 500 and 560SL but i'm waiting for the box to record a repeat did like the one with the 230e.

My favourite older episode was the Lamborghini Urraco. Loved that car as a kid and it was nice to see Ed and Mike tackle one.

Saw the new Cossie episode with Ant and might watch the latest Supra one tonight. Not too keen really, but it's early days and I did like Ant in the show with Philip Glenister...

You all may laugh but I'm currently enjoying Fast 'n Loud featuring Richard Rawlings' Gas Monkey garage. Funny and entertaining show IMO. Only problem is the episodes are all shown out of order, so some are early ones in the little shed like garage and some are recent in the Warehouse sized one! LOL!

You all may laugh but I'm currently enjoying Fast 'n Loud featuring Richard Rawlings' Gas Monkey garage. Funny and entertaining show IMO. Only problem is the episodes are all shown out of order, so some are early ones in the little shed like garage and some are recent in the Warehouse sized one! LOL!

Yes, Fast n Load is great viewing... Try to catch the episodes with the F40!!!

Yes! I have those two waiting on the TiVo box for tonight! I saw the previous one where he called Dennis in to pay the 400k!

Have you seen the Ford GT episodes?

That was super bent - they really pulled that one back around. Not sure i’d have wanted it after such a hard shunt and it being all over TV but each to their own.

I enjoy the show, treat it as entertainment!

However they have to buy cheap, mostly unloved badly looked after cars, when they finish the car it does look nice but it is still underneath an unloved car, what about the parts that are not overhauled?

It is interesting to input the registration number onto the dvla website and see why it failed mot’s after the buyer gets it mot’d

Sometimes parts are refitted without being at least cleaned never mind painted, old rusty bolts reused

I do the same thing aye, check the DVLA to see if it is still running. Mot history can be very illuminating.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The most awkward thing in awkward thing history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's odd....I thought he had shed the unwanted pounds......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom