Wheeler Dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MPG

I know a few of you quite like the antics of Brewer & China, so just a heads up that the new series of Wheeler Dealers starts tonight at 9pm on Discovery Real Time. First car up is a red Ferrari 308 GT4 Dino.

Ed will be out with a can of Halfords Silver paint doing a wheel refurb, can't wait!

Mike Brewer came to my workplace last month to help film an internal video. He was quite pleasant but had a dubious tweed jacket on.

Just thought i'd share ;)

I love the way Ed spends 100+ hours on the car and Brewer sells it for £100 profit and says thats good.....Ed ought to get a proper paying job...at £1 an hour he could be a MB technician....:D

Mike Brewer came to my workplace last month to help film an internal video. He was quite pleasant but had a dubious tweed jacket on.

Why - did you take it from the cloakroom? Rather you kept it myself...:D

I'll be watching this then! my ex-g/f's old man has a GT4 and says it's a nightmare to get anything done on it, this should be interesting!

Why - did you take it from the cloakroom? Rather you kept it myself...:D

Very good crockers

I made him take it off when he attempted to go in my paintshop without lint free attire!

But yeah, im fond of my tweed jackets :rock:

Thanks for the heads-up. i'll be watching!

Here's the text from the Discovery website telling us what they have in store tonight :D. From the looks of it, it'll be another pair of episodes with Edd doing the paintwork prep and explaining at great length what a tack cloth is for.

"In classic red, the Ferrari 308 GT4 Dino is a real show stopper and was bought from a classic car hire company who were updating their stock.

The interior is excellent and the car drives very well. There’s a little exhaust blow, but nothing that bad. The biggest problems with this car are cosmetic. Everywhere you look on the body there is a parking dent, a bubble of surface rust or a scratch.

The Ferrari 308 GT4 Dino was bought for cheap money, and if everything goes right Edd can help Mike turn a big profit. But the jeopardy is always there because parts for the Ferrari are excruciatingly expensive. Mike thinks Edd can ‘blow in’ the few dents and bumps on the car but when Edd discovers that rust in the front wing is serious and a replacement part costs £800 both of them begin to worry … big time.

Then Edd decides that only a full body respray will do and Mike begins to wish he’d walked away before he’d flashed the cash to the dealer. "

Ed`s the man , I wish I had a friend like him.

Getting a double-whammy - watching the Lexus LS400 episodes now.

I was delighted to see Ed with a can of spray paint even on a Ferrari :thumb: Looked good when it was done.

That guy after £7500 for the rusty shed He first looked at was hoping!

Don't like the wheel change they did on the Lexus, not appropriate IMO.

still didnt make much profit at the end of it, for the risk they took.

Looks like they are going to do another mini in this series, so i'm looking forward to that.

will you be on the show then? what car were they doing when he visited you?

I love the way Ed spends 100+ hours on the car and Brewer sells it for £100 profit and says thats good.....Ed ought to get a proper paying job...at £1 an hour he could be a MB technician....:D

Exactly what I thought!

Gutted! I Sky+'d this on Real time +1 and it failed :( My Sky box plays up after 9pm every night. Weird.

Just watching the Ferrari episode on Disco Shed! What did I see??? Classic Car Club and my mate Nigel! Wow! I'm in there on tuesday, am I going to take the p**s :D .
Claim to fame -- I've driven that actual car! :bannana:

By the way, they're happy to enterntain us for an evening's car fest if we want to get a group together! :)

By the way, they're happy to enterntain us for an evening's car fest if we want to get a group together! :)

interested in a GTG at this place but due to the location it would be great it we could make it more than just a meet in a carpark etc........

I always feel sorry for the pitiful hourly rate the profit works out to for Edd, but then I remember he holds the world record for "World's Fastest Furniture" and it cheers me back up :D

I also remember that this is TV, and there's a "technician" (or "mechanic"?) listed in the credits so I guess I know who does 90% of the work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom