Wheels 2012 - Photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's with the Peugeot 106?

Nice spot, hadn't noticed that myself. Maybe it's one of those Q cars with an engine transplant.....or on the other hand, just a standard 106 who accidentally turned left at the entrance. Everyone was made very welcome nevertheless. :)

I love this !

Crying out for some Boyd Coddington work !

P1090033.JPG

Where is this Will? Is it only once a year?

Yes, I believe it's only once a year. With the sun out the attendance was excellent. The field was full with maybe 300+ cars there :)

The Blue Lias (pub)
Stockton Road,
Southam
Warwickshire
CV478LD

Wheels 2012 | Facebook

I love this !

I should have taken another photo of that car, showing the front grill which amused me. The car is in need of a full restoration, new paint & chrome etc - all except the last chrome grill tooth with looked brand new. Seemed the budget for the previous restoration quickly ran out.

The Imp the Vitesse and the Mexico are my favorites !might not be a Mexico but i still like it
great photos , thank you

Quarter bumpers...must be a Mexico...looks good, haven't been in one since 1978!!!

... or an RS. My mate's RS2000 had quarter bumpers - and those same RS alloys...

Looking at the badge I don't think it's either a Mexico or RS2000. I suspect it is a more mundane XL with quarter bumpers and Rs2000 wheels.

I think all Mexicos were flat red and that metallic brown wasn't available for anything other than standard models.

Lol!

That could go one of two ways then. Is it a 1100 dressed up, or a RS/Mexico badged down?

That metallic brown wasn't available for those models, it's a base car.

Oops, sorry, jumped in too soon...mika or jonnyboy were going to answer that for us. :doh:

If the car is there next year I'll ask all these questions. :)

Which reminds me, a guy asked the owner of a Ferrari 360 whether it was a real one or not - straight question, face to face. I almost died with laughter. The owner took it well, smiled and said yes it is. Everyone seemed in good spirits, enjoying all the cars and the sun.......however, after I left I heard that an Elise driver lost control of his car crashing in to a Triumph Stag and then a nearby house.....oops.

however, after I left I heard that an Elise driver lost control of his car crashing in to a Triumph Stag and then a nearby house.....oops.

We actually had something similar on an MB-club day out once.

^ them were the days! ;)

All I've seen was Ian do a bad job knocking down Jays new fence a few years ago.......tame :)

^ them were the days! ;)

All I've seen was Ian do a bad job knocking down Jays new fence a few years ago.......tame :)

This was a track day, which was a good day out. One guy reversed into another members car smashing a headlight and bending the bonnet and grille.

The damaged car driver said "didn't you hear your reversing sensors screaming"...
"yeah, but I ignored them"...:crazy:

It was actually a BMW driver desperate to be first down the timed runway, to show us all how high he could pee up the wall.

That metallic brown wasn't available for those models, it's a base car.
It's probably fair to assume that it's been repainted at some time during its circa 40-year life, so the availability of the colour (looks like Saluki Bronze) on the manufacturer's option list isn't going to be a guide. That it's fitted with the narrow wings on the front doesn't really mean much either as it may or may not have left Dagenham with them fitted.
If the car is there next year I'll ask all these questions. :)
That's the only way anyone's going to find out for certain, but the guessing's fun :)

BTW, if it had the 2-instrument dash then I'd say it almost certainly started life as a lowly 1100 or 1300 as it's pretty unlikely somone would swap out the 6-instrument dash. Not true the other way around, though.

That it's fitted with the narrow wings on the front doesn't really mean much either as it may or may not have left Dagenham with them fitted.
I know Ford build quality was pretty shonky, but would expect the wings to actually be on the car when it left the dustbin factory.

BTW, if it had the 2-instrument dash then I'd say it almost certainly started life as a lowly 1100 or 1300 as it's pretty unlikely somone would swap out the 6-instrument dash.
It has the smaller 2 pod dash binnacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom