Wheels Cleaned and stored for winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Well thought i'd clean the Alloys and put them away for winter, took some elbow grease!...now I'm thinking refurb required before putting a new set of summer tyres on!...strange how one wheel has take the brunt of scrapes, must be me the missus wont drive the CLK :D

One day I will be able to put my car in the garage, can just about fit my summer wheels in :eek:

Last edited:
Good job! Have this to look forward to shortly but winter temps seem higher than usual! I did say it would be the warmest winter on record as soon as I bought winter wheels and tyres!

Know what you mean, the temperature looked set to plummet so bought winter wheels and tyres......now look at the weather.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that :)

Out of interest what did you clean the wheels up with?

Have always liked my car clean but usually take it to local hand wash. Suspect they use the car cleaning equivalent of hydrochloric acid so have started to read up on cleaning products. What a mistake, lots to consider and that's before we are talking cost!

Will you be sealing the wheels etc?

have been using dodojuice mellow yellow to keep the wheels clean, but tbh they jet jet washed virtually every week so no big build ups of brake dust on outside. It did a pretty good job on backs with a little elbow grease and a wheel brush.

Will be sealing them but after a full refurb before they go back on in spring.

Had a quote from smart remaps for £260 for all 4 wheels. :D

Nice price! Good to know that if they are charging somebody must be paying!

Have some products on order including Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109, in my naivety didn't know there was much beyond the likes of Halfords!

I can see me getting a little obsessed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom