Wheels colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ironduke

Car
W126 500 SEC
Other than silver...

I've got a black SEC and looking at new wheels (lovely as the Baroques are I fancy a change) I was thinking maybe having them finished in black? anybody done this with a 126? any photos about?

Hello,
I think i've seen your profile on Pistonheads before. If so, then you probably know of Bosscerbera's 560 sel- the Duchess. His period Lorinsers were the only time I've seen colour coded wheels on a w126. They look fantastic with the coloured centres and silver rim, so this may be an avenue to explore...

I've always thought that light coloured wheels on dark painted cars work best, then gunmetal or darker on light coloured cars.

Colour coding can look just plain wrong, for example on Porsche 968 clubsports, however if using some suitably old school wheels with light or polished rims they can really bring out some muscle in the way a car looks as they make the wheel look wider.

Only one colour for wheels and thats silver, the rest just look sh8te IMHO. ALso sometimes white on the right sports car look right but all this black and gunmetal is just plain chavvy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom