Wheels for C32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Butts123

Car
Mercedes C32 AMG
I have a C32 AMG. The car has Carlson wheels J 8.5 on the front & j 10 on the rear The car came with no spare wheel so i have purchased a 17 inch wheel as a spare. Unfortunately I ran over a brick in the road one night & one of my split rim front wheels is beyond repair. Can I replace this wheel? What are the alternatives? At the moment am running without a spare & have different size wheels on the front (17 & 18). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks:wallbash:

I wouldn't be doing any driving with one 17" and one 18" front wheel!

Getting another Carlsson wheel to match yours is almost impossible. (I assume you have searched eBay and Gumtree?) Looks like you are left with the choice of

a) Getting 2nd hand genuine MB alloys from eBay or another seller (Have a look at Mercman in Southampton for used MB wheels)

b) Going for after market wheels which may be cheaper, but possibly poorer quality.

c) If you are really flush, go to the dealer and see if they have any sets that would fit for a reduced price. MB do sell some designs cheaper as new ones are being introduced.

Just look out if you are still driving with irregular sized wheels on the same axle.

Problem with Carlsson and other after market wheels , is when you damage one , you invariably have to scrap all four wheels , i had to bin my 18" BBS alloys , couldnt find a single rim anywhere , an expensive lesson . So i will always stick to O.E. wheels , you can usually source an odd AMG/O.E. wheel if your unlucky enough to damage a rim

Thank you. I will follow your suggestions.
Roy Butler

Thank you. I will follow your suggestions.
Roy Butler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom