Wheels Recomendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmb007

Car
E400 Cab
Morning,

Need new set of wheels for my 65 E400 cab. Any recommendations in East lancs Manchester area.
My front passenger wheel as 3 cracks on inside of rim and not repairable.

Nothing fancy would like to keep a standard look.

TIA
David

Morning,

Need new set of wheels for my 65 E400 cab. Any recommendations in East lancs Manchester area.
My front passenger wheel as 3 cracks on inside of rim and not repairable.

Nothing fancy would like to keep a standard look.

TIA
David
Which wheels do you currently have? If you are happy with the look it would probably be cheaper to source a replacement for the damaged wheel

Which wheels do you currently have? If you are happy with the look it would probably be cheaper to source a replacement for the damaged wheel
The wheel cracked about 3 years ago and was welded. Ever since then, every time I go out, I check the pressures using the centre tyre pressure monitor and all seemed ok until yesterday.

3 years ago I looked at sourcing a used replacement and they were near impossible to find. At a wheel/tyre dealer I was quoted £260.

I would not be sure whether a second hand wheel would be crack free.

I have found a set of wheels similar to the original. For a full set it is cheaper than 1 MB wheel. I am concerned as how the quality will be compared to the original. But mine need refurbishing and if the new one cracks I know I will be able to replace a lot cheaper.

Regards
David

If replacing, remember that the wider the rim, the more prone it may be to cracks on the inner rim.

Buying cheap = buying twice. Quality is always expensive - but can be cheaper and less aggro in the long run.

Bigger diameter = less comfort, and less ‘cushioning’ for the wheels from all those pot holes!

If replacing, remember that the wider the rim, the more prone it may be to cracks on the inner rim.

Buying cheap = buying twice. Quality is always expensive - but can be cheaper and less aggro in the long run.

Bigger diameter = less comfort, and less ‘cushioning’ for the wheels from all those pot holes!
I have found somewhere in Stockport recommended by a wheel repairer.

I will discuss with them the pros and cons.

Thanks fly for your input.

All sorted this morning at AWM in Stockport. Recommended by a wheel welder who (correctly) would not weld my wheel.
Drove in at 09:30 drove out at 10:30.
Moved sensors and tyres to new wheels.
Great prices and service. £200 cheaper than another wheel company.
Even got a cup of coffee.

3 spare wheels now.

Take care
David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom