Wheels refurbed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HughSurrey

Car
CLK 320 convertible
One of the issues with the A209 I bought was the wheels, which were two piece jobs which had suffered corrosion on the outer rim (which looked as if it had been diamond cut originally) and a fair few chips on the centres. I got them back today and am more than pleased with the outcome.

WP_20150323_001a.jpg WP_20150323_002a.jpg

WP_20150402_003a.jpg

Very nice Hugh

Totally transformed them. They look great Shug!

Who did them?

Who did them?

They were done by Wheel Works in Crawley (Manor Royal). The guy was very straight, told me up front of the issues he might have ( broken bolts while separating the components, filling the bad corrosion on the rims ) and what it would cost, we agreed a baseline (2 bolts broken per wheel) after which I would consider them 'beyond economical repair' and he quoted a time (and came up a day early due to the bank holiday tomorrow). All in all, highly recommended.

They look really good. Excellent colour choice. I have used Wheel Works many times and always found them to be excellent.

My other half had the wheels on his M5 done there, they did a good job, they were telling me when I went up with him a lot of people with prestige cars go there to have tyres fitted as Crap-fit often make a mess of it....

That said they did say they cant do wheels where part of it is power coated and part is exposed polished alloy, like mine, I'd have to have it all powder coated if I ever needed their services,...

My other half had the wheels on his M5 done there, they did a good job, they were telling me when I went up with him a lot of people with prestige cars go there to have tyres fitted as Crap-fit often make a mess of it....

That said they did say they cant do wheels where part of it is power coated and part is exposed polished alloy, like mine, I'd have to have it all powder coated if I ever needed their services,...

They may have changed on that, as he did mention getting the outer rim face diamond cut on mine as they were originally, but I am led to believe that the laquer coat is not as robust as powder coat. I think the ones in the pic may have originally been polished on the outer rim, and you can see the difference in corrosion levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom