Wheels to Fit Brembo Callipers - Sports Pack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skymastor

Car
C240 Avantgarde with AMG Styling
Hi Guy's,

With the last round of snow and on many occasions becoming stuck! I have now decided to get 17" winter tyres and rims to replace my 18" wheels.

I was told by the provider that I cannot fit anything smaller than 17" and the wheels had to be alloy, not steel, to fit around the callipers, however, the wheels that he thought thought would fit didn't!! They are now at a loss to find out what does fit!!

I have a few questions to hopefully resolve this if you guy's could possibly answer them?

1. What offset is required to fit my car with the Brembo Callipers?

2. Have the rims got to be alloy? Can steel rims fit?

3. What is the minimum size rim to fit?

4. Any suggestions on what to buy?

Ta in advance fella's... :thumb:

1. What offset is required to fit my car with the Brembo Callipers?

2. Have the rims got to be alloy? Can steel rims fit?

3. What is the minimum size rim to fit?

4. Any suggestions on what to buy?

I'm not an authority, but I would suggest sticking with the standard W203 C-Class dimensions for MB staggered wheels:

1. 37mm front and 30mm rear

2. I doubt you'll find steel wheels in the right dimensions

3. 17-inches with offsets above

4. Any MB wheels or aftermarket wheels with dimensions above

Cheers BD..

I am not aware what the offset is for the standard W203, but I am now. Forgive me here, but I assume you mean +37 and +30mm for the offsets? That makes sense then because I currently have +35mm on the fronts with a 5mm spacer that allows the wheels to clear the callipers by 2 to 3mm..

As for steel rims, the info I have been given so far leans towards that they don't fit, but because the supplier had got the offsets wrong I was a little sceptical!

Job now to find the correct offset!! :wallbash:

Ta...

To be fair an undesirable set of OEM MB alloys might be almost as cheap if you accept a few marks.

They are only for winter tyre use so don't have to be top notch ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom