Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Micmego, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Micmego

Micmego New Member

Car:
    Vito
    Hiya I've just got my first vito a mark one and am looking to putting some 17 or 18 inch alloys on it can anyone tell me what wheels off other cars fit I've been told vw audi bmw will all fit but is this true don't wanna be buying wheels then find out they don't fit any advice is welcome cheers

2. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S210 320CDI. Range Rover Supercharged.
    Always consider the load rating of the wheels (and obviously the tyres - 101 for a Vito). Some car wheels just aren't strong enough for commercial vehicles.

3. OP
    OP
    Micmego

Micmego New Member

Car:
    Vito
    Thanks for the info how do you find out the load rating and do you know what it is on a vito

4. Giantvanman

Giantvanman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
  5. V12

V12 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S320CDI LWB
    ML and S class wheels fit pretty well and are strong as designed for heavy vehicles but if you put a 1000kg in the back of your vito then the wheels may not last too long.

6. GordonTarling

GordonTarling Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
    Best to check with your insurers first. BTB500 on here drives a Vito and his insurers won't insure it if he changes the wheels from standard.

7. BIG UN

BIG UN Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes Vito 150 Sport,Mercedes CLK Brabus, Alfa Romeo Alfetta
    I have had no problem with insurance. I do have to pay a little more for the pleasure but.. As members above have said just make sure you get the right rated tyres & wheels. They're rated for a reason. But they can transform your van big time.