Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigdrew

Car
Ml350 bluetec clk220 CDi w209 amg styling 18in amg wheels cla 220cdi amg sport c class w205 amg line
Hi a friend of mine was given a set of 9.5j 22inch wheeis without
Tyres what would be the widest tyre to fit them I thought maybe 285/35
Or would 275/35 be better has anyone any thoughts on this

I would say 275, as 9.5j is probably the narrowest wheel you could safely fit a 285 to. See the ideal rim width calculator on Car Bibles:
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible

Also Alloy Wheels Direct list both 275/35 and 295/30 for 22x10j Brabus wheels, which would again point me towards the narrower 275/35 for the narrower 9.5j wheel:
Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

All of the above is based upon referring to credible sources, but I would seek professional advice before buying tyres and fitting them to your car.

Final but important point, are you confident that the wheels are suitable for the weight of an ML? 9.5j is quite narrow for a large diameter wheel for an ML. AMG 20/21 inch wheels are 10j and Brabus 22 inch wheels are 10j too.

Are the wheels on a ML not 9.5j as standard

Are the wheels on a ML not 9.5j as standard
Not sure which the standard wheel is, but if you can spot your wheel on this list, then if you click on it then it will tell you the width:
Mercedes M Class Alloys (W166) - Alloy Wheels Direct

Not sure if you're asking that question in response to my comment regarding suitability given the weight of the car. Do you know who manufactured them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom