When did you last buy fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Just looked in my wallet and the last time I bought petrol was over 2 months ago. Given that the Mini is still full and the BM has over half a tank, at this rate it’s going to be another couple of months (at least) before I need to go near the filling station. That’s if it’s still there by the time I go back, of course..

Cheers,

Gaz

I filled the e55 just before the lock down done a little Business mileage mileage next to nothing Private wise, She's down on a 1/4 tank.

Reactions: 219
I am down to one car. The E300 Hybrid. Its superb on fuel. Ive filled up once 7 weeks ago and still have 1/2 a tank. We have been shopping for 8 families so it is being used.

My local Shell garage is only down the road from me, less than a two-minute drive. I filled-up both cars to the brim just before the lockdown, so that I don't have walk into the shop any time soon (the pay at pump at my local Shell garage is PayPal only, I prefer to pay for fuel with AMEX). Both cars are now down to around 2/3 full.

Just before the lockdown.

Very good question, I never use cash for fuel and my Amex is away so as not to trigger my 2-4-1 so I'll check other card.

13th March.

My local Shell garage is only down the road from me, less than a two-minute drive. I filled-up both cars to the brim just before the lockdown, so that I don't have walk into the shop any time soon (the pay at pump at my local Shell garage is PayPal only, I prefer to pay for fuel with AMEX). Both cars are now down to around 2/3 full.

Sorry, PayPal for fuel? How does that work?

Cheers,

Gaz

Filled both cars up just before lockdown, taxi still has almost a full tank, SL down to less than a quarter. Will refuel tomorrow....

Last edited:
On the 18th March was my last fuel purchase of 30.97l of V-Power Diesel. That’s all I could fill in the tank of a Merc. Before that on the 9th March I filled the Mini to the top with 39.52l of Shell Petrol. Merc at half a tank, Mini full.

Brimmed the CLS on April 8 then brimmed on May 8 with 65 litres of V-Power. My supermarket is a 6 mile round trip but somehow it becomes a 30 mile trip.

£50 worth of Tesco Momentum 5 weeks ago that took the gauge to 3/4 full.
Now between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank remaining. Might top up again shortly before the price increases.

16th Feb in the car and 18th March in the bike. I'm going to add a little fresh fuel to both this week just to freshen up what's in there. I don't want it going stale.

Filled the Forester with diesel around two weeks ago , done just 85 miles since.

Brought the BMW home from work today and decided to fill it up , for the first time in four months.

I have paid more in road tax than i have paid out in fuel recently.

K

Reactions: 219
See below:

Oh, sod that. There is a Shell station at the top of the road, but I never go there as their super unleaded is ridiculously expensive, and this is just another excuse at data mining. Why should I need an account to buy petrol off the forecourt? I’ll just go someplace else..

Cheers,

Gaz

Fill up every 600 miles, so approx every 10 weeks

Oh, sod that. There is a Shell station at the top of the road, but I never go there as their super unleaded is ridiculously expensive, and this is just another excuse at data mining. Why should I need an account to buy petrol off the forecourt? I’ll just go someplace else..

Cheers,

Gaz
There's that... though I would have done the app thing if it wasn't ApplePay/PayPal-only.

Just looked in my wallet and the last time I bought petrol was over 2 months ago. Given that the Mini is still full and the BM has over half a tank, at this rate it’s going to be another couple of months (at least) before I need to go near the filling station. That’s if it’s still there by the time I go back, of course..

Cheers,

Gaz
I filled the W140 on Wednesday, and again on Friday ; incidentally 523 miles for 88L . And have done a further 110 miles on Friday since that fill .

Cheers,

Gaz
Ditto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom