When did you last buy fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's that... though I would have done the app thing if it wasn't ApplePay/PayPal-only.
When I was in Tesco on Friday , there was a note on the pump that there’s a £30 limit on Apple Pay . The £99 limit has always been enough to fill the W140 , but with the 126 , and higher fuel prices , it used to take £130 to fill if I ran it low .

I brimmed all of ours before the lock down started and not refilled since. Two still show full, but have been on a short trip to top up the battery. The other two are probably just below half a tank now, which is not difficult in either car, either with little use.

Filled the Lexus on the 22nd Feb, tank still nearly full as it's barely been used since then.

Filled the Merc on the 8th March, still full as it's not been used.

Hopefully get to burn a bit of it in the next 2 - 3 weeks though not holding my breath...

Last week!!! And again later this week. Empty roads and an A35 AMG???
th

Reactions: AMV
Bought £40 Tesco 99 for 108.7 on Saturday night.

All our other cars haven't been filed up since feb/march lol.

My UP in fact has had a full tank for a while. I felt like siphoning it out.

I've filled the C63 up with 2 tanks of V Power since the lockdown started, and I've hardly driven anywhere lol.

I have used about 30 litres over the last 9 weeks. So just over 3 litres per week.

I would nomally use about 20 to 25 litres per week for private motoring.

Over the last year I have probably used the equivalent around 25 litres per week for business motoring. I've used zero in the last 7 weeks.

seeing as i have a C250 and not a 63, every sodding week :p. been at work every day unfortunately.

that said, the drop in prices has been nice. only cost me 50 odd quid for last weeks mileage

19th March. the day I came home from a cruise :D Still got well over three quarters of a tank left.

Just been and put some Asda unleaded in the Lexus and paid 99.7p per litre!

Went today witha 1/4 of a tank,I also got rid of all the bottles in the bottle bank,well pleased as it was £1,04.7

<£1 per litre? AMGs are going to soar in value!

<£1 per litre? AMGs are going to soar in value!
Assuming you put supermarket fuel in your amg........

Last time i filled the merc was 20 march and there is still 3/4 tank in it, my rx7 i only put £20 in at a time unless doing a long journey as i dont want the fuel to go off as its very sensitive to Octane changes (can blow the engine) and that was the 9 april and have only done 10 miles in it and of course im not allowed to drive for the next 6 weeks so will be months before i buy fuel again for the merc and probably even longer for the rx7 as i dont think i could physically get in it because of my operation, you know i would probably be as well sorning the rx7 for the time being

I put Tesco in as it's the only place local I can get the 99 Momentum.
Is the 99 momentum less than £1/litre, not being confrontational just asking?

Assuming you put supermarket fuel in your amg........
Nothing wrong with Tesco Momentum. Some people may prefer other brands, but there’s no widely available fuel with a higher octane rating in the UK. AFAIK the only options in the UK are Tesco Momentum and Shell VPower.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Tesco Momentum. Some people may prefer other brands, but there’s no widely available fuel with a higher octane rating in the UK. AFAIK the only options in the UK are Tesco Momentum and She’ll VPower.
I bet she will😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom