When do petrol stations open in the AM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
I've got an early start tomorrow and am tied up tonight otherwise I'd fill then. I've trauled the web and can't find an answer, I need to fill up around 5am as thats when I am leaving. Would a tesco 24hr store sell petrol in the small hours?

I've got an early start tomorrow and am tied up tonight otherwise I'd fill then. I've trauled the web and can't find an answer, I need to fill up around 5am as thats when I am leaving. Would a tesco 24hr store sell petrol in the small hours?
Yes but it'll probably be pay-at-pump.

I used to get petrol from a Tesco in Rochdale and that was before 7am, there was usually a kiosk open but I still used the p@p for convenience.

The Tesco near me does, would assume they're all the same?

What about a shell one as its nearer to me, and I've not got much fuel. I was going to fill it tonight but going for a beer after work and don't want to fall foul of drink drive etc.

Go at lunchtime? Go during the afternoon? It's only a five minute job, after all...

Go at lunchtime? Go during the afternoon? It's only a five minute job, after all...

@ work till 5, car @ home and quite low on fuel. I had planned to fill it tonight but having a cheeky pint or 2 tonight. My journey starts @ say 5am, and I'll maybe squeeze 100 miles out of the benz, but will there be any fuel stations on the way that are open. I am leaving Helensburgh, going to Glasgow to pick up a mate, then heading up to Aberdeen. There isn't a chance it will do that with the fuel thats on board.

I could always have Coca Cola tonight and forgoe the beer and that would solve my problem, but I'd rather not.

You're bound to find something in Glasgow. Most urban petrol stations are 24 hour.

You're bound to find something in Glasgow. Most urban petrol stations are 24 hour.

Thanks, I'll have my (well earned) pint. I'll go to Shell in Drumchaple and put some fuel in.

Can someone back at home do it?

(Bet you don't trust 'm not to kerb it;) )

My mother is housebound due to back injury and my old man (who is insured to drive it) for times like these is away for a "boys" weekend. Completely aside having my old man as a named driver on the policy makes it cheaper :D (But I don't tell him that)

most shell stations are open 24 hours. However that one in drumchapel always seems to be expensive every time i pass it :)

most shell stations are open 24 hours. However that one in drumchapel always seems to be expensive every time i pass it :)

Its not too bad £ wise, do you know if its open 24hrs though? You haven't filled up in Helensburgh recently, 1 petrol station, maybe 20k folk. Not good. No competition. Dumbarton has 3 off the top of my head and maybe 50k folk. Much more competition, within a smaller radius.

There is one in Dumbarton on the right as you head towards the Erskine Bridge - it has a Little Chef.
Pretty sure thats a 24 hr station.

The shell station by me is open 24 hours, i regulary fill up at 5am. The attendant there, although a nice chap, is clearly off his rocker and talks random waffle to me everytime i'm there.

st my boy what part of 24hrs are you having a problem with thats a full day & night unless you get more hrs a day than me :crazy:

st my boy what part of 24hrs are you having a problem with thats a full day & night unless you get more hrs a day than me

st my boy what part of 24hrs are you having a problem with thats a full day & night unless you get more hrs a day than me :crazy:

Although the tesco store operates 24hrs does the petrol station. TBH the route I'm driving (unless I detour) doesn't go near a 24hr tesco until perth, and by then the fuel situation will be iffy. Even so, the it will be 7am or so by perth and the petrol station may not be open.

In 30 mins I intend to have a couple of beers as work will be over :bannana:

I got the fuel in the end, BP opened in dumbarton @ 6am. I had to wait in the fourcourt until it opened. The car racked up 400 miles of driving and still had plenty left in the tank + very little ache afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom