When does your car have too high Milage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jagtar

Car
CLK230 Komp
Hi Guys

My car is about to break the 100K barrier soon, but runs beautfully. So I have no intention of selling, but of course the value will natrually go down. Just wanted your opinion on what you would consider high milage and when you would consider selling.

Thanks

P.S mine is a 2000 CLK230 Komp

Shouldn't worry but I'm always quite biased. I have run several cars with galactic mileage, and provided it's still fit for purpose and running well, IMO there is no need to change it.

100k is no barrier whatsoever- Might rule a few people out with mileage over that, but if you like the car- Keep it I say!

Unless you fancy swapping it for a mint, low mileage car like mine!

Unless its Exotic don't worry.

What am I saying.. all Mercedes are Exotic!!!!

The mileage is too high when it either stops running or you are no longer happy with the level of mileage, whichever comes first - simple as.:D

So long as it's going well and you're still happy driving it, run it into the ground! As it depreciates, you'll be losing less money each year just for the priviledge of owning it.

Of course, the flipside of this is that cars don't get any cheaper to fix as they get older. You need to make a decision as to how much you're prepared to spend if something expensive lets go.

And if it's been well looked after up till now, there's no reason why it shouldn't do another 100K with nothing more than regular servicing..

Cheers,

Gaz

whenever???

I have always found that the mileage is too high whenever you want to trade it in. well according to the motor trade anyway. :eek: ;)

The mileage is too high when it either stops running or you are no longer happy with the level of mileage, whichever comes first - simple as.:D

I agree! Mercedes can run forver if they are well looked after i say!

Hi Guys

My car is about to break the 100K barrier soon, but runs beautfully. So I have no intention of selling, but of course the value will natrually go down. Just wanted your opinion on what you would consider high milage and when you would consider selling.

Thanks

P.S mine is a 2000 CLK230 Komp

Start another thread when your car has finally run-in. - another 50k should do it. :)

Can apply to people too !

When I sold my old W202 C240 Sport it was 3 yrs old and had covered 65k.
Nearly every single person who rang up about buying the car said the mileage was way too high, even though it clearly stated in the advert that it had covered that mileage.:crazy: :crazy:
My first MB a W202 C220 Elegance covered nearly 130k without a hitch, wonderfull car and was just about run in when I sold it.

I bought my car in Oct 06 with 16k miles after 4 years. I am now up to 25k but what is the sense in worrying about it, it would be stupid not to use it to keep the miles down and I have enjoyed every mile. the depreciation is bad enough as mine has tumbled quite a lot, then this is my last fling :)

155k on my W202 and it's the longest I have ever kept a car (7 years) I would change it if I could find something else as good, but I can't so I won't! :)

my mates 05 c-class coupe has over 500k on it, it is used by him all day every day, he goes to brussels to scotland u name it hes been there, and when the cars is valeted it looks brand new! he is a sales rep, and is gets a new one every three years!

Aah but malcolm do you thrash once in a while though just to see what it can do or are you a more serene driver? :devil:

I do drive it fast, and take every opportunity but in a sensible way, no sense in accelerating up to red lights and I never tail gate

I did get clocked for doing 101 mph

I can never understand this obsession with mileage. I've got a mate who has owned a succession of expensive new and nearly-new 3-series Beemers which he spends up to £35K on and then spends all his time driving his Missus' Fiesta to "keep the mileage down" on his pride & joy, which he then trades in about every 18 months and loses £££££££ anyway... ...madness.

Last edited:
Mileage only matters to me when I'm buying a car, I normally drive them into the ground. My 1997 C250td had 68k or may be 78k miles on it when I bought it at two years old, she now has over 240k and drives as good as new, hence we had to buy Mercedes again, other brands even when new didn't come close! Our new to us E320cdi is 2004 with 30k miles so hoping for many years of trouble free motoring!

Cheers

:)

My W124 estate clocked 200k going up to Ian's en route to the GTG last week, drives and rides like a dream! Just run in I reckon. As said before in other posts on this thread, as long as they're looked after these beauties will run and run and run! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom