When driving - expect the unexpected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has every car in Russia got a Dash-Cam I wonder

The web is full of Russian car crash videos, but this one is an absolute first!
Looks like their pilots can't drive too well either.

Another reason I want a dash cam. Imagine trying to explain that to your insurance company!

Another reason I want a dash cam. Imagine trying to explain that to your insurance company!

Not too difficult, they aren't going to do a drive away.

It seems to be a risky place to have an airport runway.

Looks as if the motorway embankment and crash barrier combined to protect the car drivers, as this picture taken from another angle shows?

Last edited:
Thank goodness it wasn't loaded with passengers.

That's one of the most astonishing clips I have ever seen.

(Had the driver not hit the brakes, he/she might have avoided being hit, but that's not a criticism - who knows how one one would react to such a thing, or predict the debris scatter)

Last edited:

Surely that would be the easiest thing to explain!

Seems lots of cars in Russia and eastern Europe use these forward facing video cameras. Most likely an insurance requirement.
Would go a long way over here getting insurance costs down. No lefty human rights issues either as it only records the last 10 minutes or so then is overwritten.

An airport will almost always have a motorway near it by nature of having to get people in and out of it.

It's not all that long ago when a similar incident happened at East Midlands Airport next to the M1.

Ah, Good old Captain Hunt.

Apparently his last words over the tannoy were "Get your cheque books out, we're going to the bank"...

A friend of mine was one of, if not the first, official at the scene.

A landing jet overran onto the A40 at Northolt a few years ago. The answer is to build the roads further from the end of the runway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom