When ebay goes wrong.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ebay it!

neilrr said:

Neil

Exactly my thinking. First I need to be happy that this is legal and that I get my refund. Or that my refund comes out of any sale with the profit going to charity.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Duplicate post

Last edited:
Guys To be clear. I am annoyed with the seller and their inability to: 1). Deliver the goods they sold me. 2). Collect what they did deliver in a timely manner and refund me in a timely manner. I believe that two weeks to collect a package is unreasonable and eBay agree. In this instance eBay gave the seller an additional 5 day window to arrange collection. Making a total of three weeks before giving a refund that is three weeks that the seller has held onto my money and blocked my hallway with something I never asked for eBay sell a service so are obligated to deliver on complaints. In this instance I believe they have given the seller plenty of time to rectify this In context: I could call Paisley freight and get a next day collection. It appears that the seller can't do this but is still happy to hold onto my money. I offered the seller this route and the declined saying their carrier TNT would collect. Four different dates have been accepted with a no show on all four and us waiting in all day four times.

I'd have been inclined to state that you have nowhere to store the unwanted item , that it is lying outside in the garden and you accept no responsibility for its safekeeping .

It is their responsibility to collect their unsolicited goods ( you never ordered or paid for a lawnmower , so it is their misplaced property ) in a timely manner , and if they fail to do so then anything that might happen to it isn't your problem

I don't see that you have any duty of care to look after an unwanted item you never ordered , and you have not only gone beyond that by keeping it inside your house but have been exemplary in your patience .

Come tomorrow , once you have your refund from eBay , I'd chuck it in the street and tell them they'd better collect before someone half-inches it - that might focus their attention .

Lo and behold, aren't you the lucky one, I just happen to be free tomorrow and will pop round between 8.30, and 9am, to perform my free collection service, looking forward to seeing you then,as a special offer, if not completely satisfied, we do offer a Non Return service. Thanking you in anticipation, Regards 103.

A very good article. Thank you. My italics inserted below.

So if they were sent by mistake what do I do?

If items are sent to you by mistake, you will need to contact whoever sent them and ask them to collect the goods.
That shouldn't cost you anything or inconvenience you in any way. You should also give the company a reasonable deadline to collect the items.

I believe I have done this in writing several times and over the telephone several times.

Can I sell items delivered incorrectly to me?

Yes, but it's quite a process.
You must try to contact the company twice in writing, following a set procedure.
Even after you've sold the items, it'll be at least six years before you can spend the dosh. During that time the original owner can still claim the money back from you.

Well Bruce,I arrived at your posting late,What puzzles me if they use TNT to deliver and pick up why was TNT unable to pick this heavy lawnmower up as they delivered it,still it is the 26th and I suspect you will scouring your bank/paypal account for the refund,it just shows you what can happen ,and of course nobody has thought of the poor guy who ordered a lawnmower and got a compressor,this is so typical of you Bruce,not thinking about that poor soul, at least you have something useful unless you live in a flat

Tis Done. ebay have refunded my money. They say I can do what I wish with the Lawnmower as the seller has failed to collect within the "legal" limit = 5 days. I gave more like 10 days. I have ensured collection was OK for the seller. So no dispute.

I am not convinced that this is the last I shall hear of this from the seller so will not get rid of it yet. I have no need for a new petrol lawnmower as my own machine is fine.

As for TNT? I think they did come out. Saw the size of the thing and simply didn't fancy lifting it, so left again. It is not really something you would lift on your own. I have two spinal fractures right now so could not do so even I wished to.

Last edited:
Where are you geographically Bruce?

I'm on the Surrey/Kent border, if you're close by I'll happily pop around and help lift it somewhere more appropriate. Do you have a garage you can store it in?

Where are you geographically Bruce?

I'm on the Surrey/Kent border, if you're close by I'll happily pop around and help lift it somewhere more appropriate. Do you have a garage you can store it in?

What a lovely offer. Thank you. Mrs M and one of our neighbours came up and between us we managed to get it up to our garage. We had to move it as you could not get in and out the front door without climbing over it.

Thank you again for the kind offer. FYI: I am in North Kent not far from the M20.

Good to hear ebay have refunded on the due date. Well done them!

:doh:Bruce I was hoping you were struggling to find to someone to help lift the offending item so I could convince Mrs Red that we needed to drive to North Kent in the new car we picked up 48 hours ago.

Now if you could move the lawnmower back out of the garage then I've got a valid excuse.

And there was you thinking the offer was altruistic.

I've dropped a spanner in the garage which I could really use some help in picking up?

Red C220 said:
:doh:Bruce I was hoping you were struggling to find to someone to help lift the offending item so I could convince Mrs Red that we needed to drive to North Kent in the new car we picked up 48 hours ago. Now if you could move the lawnmower back out of the garage then I've got a valid excuse. And there was you thinking the offer was altruistic.

Always welcome.

Really, really lovely, love the upholstery, roll on next spring, top down and away.
I owned the 250d SLK before I bought the coupe, loved it all over Europe, obviously the SL is something else, brilliant.

Normally I'd say it's about 45 mins to you Charles but I'm plastered so it might take a bit longer.

Quite a bit longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom