When I become president...

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

....the first thing I’m going to do is ban car adverts that say “appreciating in value” when they’re quite clearly not and won’t do in the foreseeable future..!

It’s only been the last few years that the 190E Cosworth has started to rise and they’re all around 30 year old!

*sorry for the rant, just having a day of pretty much every other advert making bold claims about future values, if they’re that certain then why aren’t they keeping them?!

I like the ads that refer to the car being sold as an 'investment opportunity'.

"Future collector's car" always used to be one of my bugbears. As a mate of mine would say, "No doubt it will be, if you collect rubbish...".

I feel your pain.
Guess its just the strategy / bait they use these days as i'm seeing it a lot on my searches for E55, its almost like they copy and paste from the other adverts - future classic 180k miles....:wallbash:

I always liked the ads that went something like.....'BMW 750iL, one-off colour, £18k of extras, cost £76k new....absolute investment at £3495'. Hmmmm, I've had investments like that before, so I'll give it a miss if it's all the same....! :rolleyes:

Pete

A friend of mine, who is overweight, when told how much a second hand car cost when it was new, used to sigh, point to his large belly, and say: "Do you know how much this cost me? And what's it worth now?"

OK, a bit of thread drift, but it's sort of related.

The absolute best advert I saw for a car was in Exchange and Mart in the early 1980's. It was for a 3.4L Mk2 Jag which it described in great detail. The last sentence read, "Rust free, the rest £50" :D

“The only one on sale at the moment” (listed next to 3 others the same).

"Never driven in the rain".

But drowned with a jetwash every other weekend. :rolleyes:

One Dr owner I've seen a few times ! I also once bought a Triumph Dolomite 1500 advertised as having "one elderly vicar owner" - probably true as the car still had the factory plastic on the rear door cards!!

"Easy fix"

“Air con just needs a regas”

Along with 'cheap fix', 'small fix', 'been quoted £40 to fix' and the favourite 'light is on but only a sensor which is £20'

I must say though I have a friend who actually was PX'ing a car which had a sensor needing replacing and it was £25. I told him to buy it and I'll fit it prior to sale. I cleared the fault and light went out, knowing it would come back. Come PX day and the light came on so he gave the salesman the line 'just a sensor £25.' So, there are those out there that know it's more than just a cheap fix and those that are just lazy bar stewards. I was almost hoping he lost £50 on PX to teach him a lesson!

I have a future rare classic if anyone interested
Easy project, cheap fix, just a bit of welding, panel replacement, structural work, painting, interior work and electrics. Comes with lots of spares
Used to run sweet as a nut but been sitting for years. I am sure it will fire up with first turn of key.
Open to sensible offers
Price 2 buckets of fried chicken ovno :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom