When I bought my 204 Coupe I thought how good the stereo sounded but it wasn't long b

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon.english68

Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus Coupe
When I bought my 204 Coupe I thought how good the stereo was, it didnt take long before I realised it needed improving, so I set about replacing the door speakers[emoji4]
89b8e45a195457c80d974a5075733b87.jpg

These are what I have fitted

9c007814d7c12b1387788386a84ea697.jpg

Quick picture of them in place

3687163e8d42559f745c5602ed3227d2.jpg

Old speaker, as you can see the voice cool is very small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Was sound drastically improved ?

Like night and day, with the stock speakers the sound is great at low volume but once you turn it up a bit they can't cope with the frequency needed for good sound reproduction so you end up with a hole load of bass but very little sound, with the new speakers fitted to the doors and the balance set to the front I can crank it up and still hear the sound and I can also feel the sound now too, a vast improvement, I can't wait to get the rears changed now [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, How easy was this to do? Did you replace the tweeters or not?

This is an upgrade we offer albeit with Morel high end speakers instead.

Changing the front door speakers and properly insulating the doors is the single biggest improvement you can make to the cars sound. Adding a decent four channel amp will boost the power aswell.

My A class with HK has had Morel Virtus speakers in the front and the sound is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom