When people change lanes without looking and indicating..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JustIgnore

Car
E55k
Very nearly had an accident couple of days ago on the A3 towards Guildford.

It was dark and I was driving on the fastest track with medium traffic in the middle lane around 52-53mph when a police car popped up in my mirror.
Obviously trying to make space, I sped a bit to around 57-60mph to overtake the car next to me and change to the middle lane.

The slowest track changes itself to an exit, as shown below.
Once I was on the middle lane, a lady in her Honda Jazz, who was driving in the slowest track, decided to change to the middle lane as well, without any indicator and without looking... literally parallel to where I was.

Slamming on the brakes / horn / and light at the same time, but she didn't realized a tiny bit what was going on and continued getting into my lane.
I couldn't go back to the right, as the police car was about to rush past me with only a couple inches distance. Somehow I managed to not drive into her and got away with a couple of inches to the Jazz that was not in front of me.

Once the police car passed and I overtook the Jazz, it seemed that the lady didn't have the slightest clue what was going on behind her..

I am also glad the car behind me could brake at all..

capture8ap4c.jpg

Last edited:
Very nearly had an accident couple of days ago on the A3 towards Guildford.

It was dark and I was driving on the fastest track with medium traffic in the middle lane around 52-53mph when a police car popped up in my mirror.
Obviously trying to make space, I sped a bit to around 57-60mph to overtake the car next to me and change to the middle lane.

The slowest track changes itself to an exit, as shown below.
Once I was on the middle lane, a lady in her Honda Jazz, who was driving in the slowest track, decided to change to the middle lane as well, without any indicator and without looking... literally parallel to where I was.

Slamming on the brakes / horn / and light at the same time, but she didn't realized a tiny bit what was going on and continued getting into my lane.
I couldn't go back to the right, as the police car was about to rush past me with only a couple inches distance. Somehow I managed to not drive into her and got away with a couple of inches to the Jazz that was not in front of me.

Once the police car passed and I overtook the Jazz, it seemed that the lady didn't have the slightest clue what was going on behind her..

I am also glad the car behind me could brake at all..

capture8ap4c.jpg

Your username explains what to do following this situation

Well that's two minutes of my life that I won't get back...............:rolleyes:

Happened to me yesterday. Driving out of Norwich, a Land Rover Discovery fancied my lane rather than his so just pulled across. I had to slam on. He carried on his merry way and proceeded to go straight across the roundabout, ignoring any lane discipline. It was then that I realised that I was in the wrong as I only had a coupe rather than a 4X4. I gave myself a stern talking to!

It works better when you're in a bus and you just been cut up and brake tested on, at the same time... you slide along side the culprit ever so gently, then start to squeeze in... works most of the time :eek: :rolleyes:

Why don't you get a dashcam?

I've seen this a fair bit over the years. There are a number of drivers who when starting a manoeuvre, despite any notification to danger or any warning at all from another driver, they just continue as if they have to complete the manoeuvre rather than just revert back to where they were. Very odd.

It also comes up a lot on dash cam clips. Watching the clips, you can see the hazard but the driver just continues until they hit the object. On some occasions, maybe they aren't paying attention but I can't believe this is the case every time.

What age was the Jazz driver..? I only ask after watching the recent TV program on older drivers..

Plenty of old farts in Honda Jazz's. We used to have one and it became a long running joke. So much so that even now, 5 years after moving it on, we often look to see how old the "driver in the Jazz is" and at least two thirds of the time, they are proper old farts.

I find this happens alot here. People assume just because they indicator is on, everyone else would get out of the way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mom and my Dad both have Honda Jazz each!

For every day stuff, my wife and I have his and hers Mercedes MLs, and my parents have his and hers Honda Jazzes! :)

Personally I prefer the hers and hers Lotus Esprits from that Sharon Stone film :D

It's the indicate and move simultaneously that winds me up. Like the indication isn't there to indicate intention but to show that it's the maneuever they are doing immediately!

The other one is the indicate and then get narky if someone doesn't move out of their way. Like that flashing light suddenly re-writes the highway code and gives them priority to do what they want.

Chap on the M25 the other day in fairly slow moving traffic pulled a couple of great maneuvers. Basically drift across the line then when 60% of his car is in the next lane, indicate once. He did it to me and then I watched the traffic start to clear, at which point he was sitting in the middle lane at 50ish with traffic in a line behind him. Then pulled across to the left lane and mid way across then indicated. Absolute cretin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom