when should an ATF be changed on a C220 CDI W204?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Posted on the same issue with my C 220cdi '58 plate previously. Having mine changed for the first time at Benz on The Green Day at PCS. I also have a service plan but MB say not required.

When I bought my S204 July 2008 reg, the owners manual said ATF change at 37k miles, I was buying as second owner (car 3 3/4 years and 60k miles old, full MB main dealer service history) from the MB main dealer who supplied the car new and serviced it throughout. Major argument with the service manager - ATF change not required on this vehicle, despite what it says in your owners manual. They categorically refused to change the ATF and filter unless I paid for it!

This is a thorny issue because it can be difficult to make the decision whether it's worthwhile purchasing an MB Service Care Plan without knowing if the cost of the ATF change will be included.

It would be interesting to see what the Service Booklet says for the OP's car, and if the Servicd Booklet does say that an ATF change is needed, then try and confront the dealer on this issue..

This is a thorny issue because it can be difficult to make the decision whether it's worthwhile purchasing an MB Service Care Plan without knowing if the cost of the ATF change will be included.

Hi Mark,

I have had a look at the owners manual and can't find anything in there. It also refers to a service booklet which I don't have.

I thought investing in the Care Plan (3 years) would cover the ATF change, but appears it does not. It may be worth having a second thought before taking out such a policy. Unless it is done at either of the the next 2 services.

I wonder if it is a question to raise with MB before taking out a care plan!

Kind regards
Mo

I have changed the ATF on my 50K mls. SLK with a full service history and the fluid/filter were so clean they could have gone back in! I think the ATF change is sensible to protect the gearbox. Do not forget the electrical plug as the seals leak and let oil wick up the wiring. Mine was bone dry, but changed anyway. Very easy change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom