When the lockdown ends list out what will happen and why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Report here suggesting Retail outlets will be permitted to reopen here in France w.e.f. 11th May.

Restaurants, bars and caffs are to remain closed, with no hint yet as to for how much longer.

No mention yet of the need to wear masks.

Sorry, late edit ..... it is also being suggested that this will be done on a regional basis.

Last edited:
Judging by the traffic on the A96 lockdown is over.
Hospital deaths falling but infection rate rising. Traffic out there as busy as pre-lockdown. WTF?

I just drove home across Swindon and didn't have to stop once! Every roundabout and junction clear, so few cars on the road.
I'm loving it :banana:

I just drove home across Swindon and didn't have to stop once! Every roundabout and junction clear, so few cars on the road.
I'm loving it :banana:
The A40 elevated where it passes over the Edgware Road coming into London was rammed at 7.10 this morning.

Report here suggesting Retail outlets will be permitted to reopen here in France w.e.f. 11th May.

Restaurants, bars and caffs are to remain closed, with no hint yet as to for how much longer.

No mention yet of the need to wear masks.

Sorry, late edit ..... it is also being suggested that this will be done on a regional basis.

Update - French govt has said face masks are to be recommended but will not be compulsory. Of course, that may change if and when France gets enough masks for the whole population.

Phased reduction of lockdown / relaxing of rules and then........

......all the morons will think that life is back to normal, will ignore the distancing rules, parties/gatherings will happen and there will be a 2nd COVID spike......this summer......or autumn.

This whole lockdown exercise has been to get us past the winter flu season and prepare for a massive outbreak. NHS now has more beds, equipment (respirators) and staff and will be better able to cope with the flood of patients when it happens.

However, the powers that be, have to get the economy moving again or it will be a lot worse.

I grew up in a rough neighbourhood, had rough friends, have served in the military and police and also travelled to some pretty rough places however, this is the first time I have been worried about my family's safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Month by month everything will get back towards normality until early 2021 when everyone kicks off about paying increased taxes to pay for it all

Hi,
If you want to see what a plan to reopen after lockdown should look like - then Dubai government have just released this document!
Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• Reopening Dubai Sectors Guide.pdf.pdf.pdf
    553 KB · Views: 18
It tells me that in 20 year time the country will be run by our children who were home-school educated by drunk parents.

Lockdown till mid-end of May where life will slowly return to normal over the next few months, the big question is what will happen with large gathering venues such as pubs, clubs, restaurants, cinema`s etc.

The UK will either enter into a historically crippling recession or the economy will explode back into life, just imagine what would happen the day all the pubs & clubs open?

Either way, the government will be seeking ways to recover the funds its spent on the pandemic costs, NHS, 80% salary payouts, self employed bail outs, maybe to the tune of £500 billion ?? Tax hikes, new taxes, stealth taxes galore is what we should expect, oh and fuel, fuel cost will go through the roof.
It can make a start by making Amazon, facebook, Google etc all pay the tax they are meant to or bugger off!

US based article of course but makes some valid points. The main thrust of his argument seems to really centre round whether there will be real change or "business as usual" i. e. whether the thinking of organisations who occupied favourable positions of power socially, economically and politically reassert their dominant position --pre crisis -- or not. One such US indicator would be the re-election of Trump for another 4 years? As far as the UK is concerned it might be whether PM Boris Johnson emerges from his recent brush with death with a somewhat revised political viewpoint?
Neccessary changes or not rest assured there will be many forces resisting their implementation :dk:

On a more trivial level - I predict cat fights in the queues outside ladies hairdressing salons.

Canada has announced a programme of relaxation ... at least in Saskatchewan. Not that social distancing is much of a problem in the wide open prairies!

Stage 1 is Angling and Boating from 4 May, Golf Courses from 15 May, Parks & Campgrounds from 1 June.

Stage 2 is Retail and some personal services (hairdressing?) from 19 May

Stage 3 is Restaurants & Bars (at 50% capacity), Gyms and fitness centres and remaining personal services but no date yet announced

Stage 4 is Entertainment Facilities, again no date yet announced.

Cycling from Marble Arch (I was working near there and seeing that we aren’t allowed to use the underground I’m cycling to and from work) it almost seems as though there isn’t a lockdown whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom